Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Is it allowed?

Florida Junior

Is it allowed?

Hello again,
    I'm sure I've read somewhere that it is [u]not</u> allowed to mount your sat nav on the windscreen in Florida. Is this actually the case? Anybody had any problems with the police regarding this? What is the alternative?
    Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    As far as i knew, the general rule was that Sat Navs should not be mounted in the area where the wipers sweep, hence only in the bottom corner.
    Garry Pullan

We have ours mounted on the windscreen and spent 6 months a year in Florida. Not heard of this before.

Sandra

Florida Junior
    Sounds good, usually mount mine at bottom corner of windscreen anyway although have noticed a lot of cars with it mounted in center of windscreen at eye level under rear view mirror which I wouldn't fancy at all.
    Thanks for replies guys

wrpac00
    From the 2011 Florida drivers handbook:-

A global positioning system device may be placed on a windshield if it does not hinder the driver’s line of sight.

Open to interpretation as to what hinders the drivers line of sight.

Administrator
    In both our cars we have the unit on the windscreen, and stop regularly to chat to the local Sheriff on Crescent Lakes - he's never mentioned it. I think as long as it's not right in front of your face then it's fine.