Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: seat back telly

Florida Savvy

seat back telly

Hi everyone going to florida in August on American airlines out of heathrow to New york then onto orlsndo does anyone know if they have seat back tellys and what other entertainment is provided.

Many Thanks Poolman[8]

The London - New York part has a full seat back TV menu system where you can choose from a number of films. Overall choice is round about 50 films from memory but of course it will depend on what you like.

Internal flight will depend on the aircraft they use but it's only a couple of hours so no real problem.

Regards Dave

Dave Lewis

Unless you are extremely unlucky, you will have a very extensive choice of films, audio cds & games via a seat-back screen on your trans-Atlantic AA flight. New York to Orlando - if you're lucky - you might just get a cuppa !!! Only entertainment is looking out the window.

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you go onto the AA website, the IFE screen menu is simulated on there so you can see what films and other options are available for the current and following month. You will need to look at the menu for the Boeing 777 flights.I saw The King's Speech last weekend so they're pretty up to date.

You will get a 'beverage' on the domestic flight and you might also get internet access for a fee of around $12 depending on the aircraft so if you have a laptop or smartphone, have them handy. If you have the aircraft with that access there isn't likely to be any other form of IFE.

Florida Savvy
    Didnt realise you could get internet access on flights ,do any UK airlines offer this

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by maisy
    Didnt realise you could get internet access on flights ,do any UK airlines offer this
    [/quote]

I recall that 1 of the low cost carriers were talking about doing it but not sure if it happened.

American only offer it on US domestic flights so it's not available transatlantic. I've used it a few times and it's obviously much better value on longer flights like New York-L.A. It does work quite surprisingly well (I actually posted on here once using it) and I find that the flight passes quicker than if I'm just reading or watching the IFE.