Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which airline: Aer Lingus, Air France, Continental

Well, flights have been booked. [msnsmile2]
    From Nantes - Paris - JFK, we got the tip to fly there on the Airbus 380, which has 19" seats. Since the price was right and it gives us the possibility to fly from "home" (40 minutes drive) instead of from Paris (5 hours) for the same amount, we decided to do that.
    Instead of booking a hotel near Paris, we now booked a hotel near JFK and fly to MCO the next day. On the way bak we are spending 3 days in The Big Apple and fly the A 380 again.
    Oh Air France it is now.[8D]

Thanks for all your help!

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]One point though - the ability to do US Immigration in Dublin is restricted to certain destination cities (Boston, New York, etc). Orlando flights are not included or at least they weren't in Novemeber).[/quote]I think now that Terminal 2 has opened at Dublin Airport, all Aer Lingus flights will clear immigration in Dublin - plus they now clear you through customs too so the flights land as domestic flights in the US (you are so clear that there is no duty-free shopping on the flight to the US as you have passed US customs). I haven't flown to Orlando yet since T2 opened but Aer Lingus have switched terminals and gates at MCO so I think they are covered by the total pre-clearance at Dublin.

Aer Lingus to Orlando do clear customs and immigration in Dublin

Judy

Florida Junior
    That's great to know - thanks Judy. Do you know if you still have to collect your bag once and then put it back on a conveyer belt to pick up in the main arrivals area, having gone through security screening again? It was always a huge pain for the Aer Lingus flights - I once got off the plane at 4pm, got through immigration and had collected my bag by 4:15 - but then had to put the bag back into the system, go through security again and wait a second time for the bag in the arrivals area. I was waiting there by 4:30 but the bag didn't appear until 5:15 - sooo annoying. Please tell me this has changed now... Thanks.