Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: bahamas bay fishing

bahamas bay fishing

Hi all

My wife has booked bahamas bay for 2 weeks in april i had a quick look at the place and saw FISHING.
    Ive been coming to Florida for about 10 years now and always wanted to have a go at fishing being a keen match fisherman in the uk but thought it would be a bit selfish as im the only driver but with this place having a lake it would be a great opportunity to give it a go !
    So im after any tips you guys could past on ie tackle bait anything do'and dont's. Sorry his place is on lake davenport.

By the way this is a great website and you should all be proud of yourselves well done.

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Nothing much like here apart from you can catch quite a few things on worm.

Most of the fishing is lure fishing for Bass and the like but if you cube up some spam you can usually pull fish out one after the other. Panfish, Bluegills etc.are generally quite easy to catch and if you fish on the bottom catfish will pick up just about anything.

There will be alligators in the lake so remember the state law says you MUST NOT feed them.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:if you fish on the bottom catfish will pick up just about anything.[/quote]

Horrible and slimey, be careful how you handle them - the spikes really hurt!!

wrpac00
    I use plastic worms to catch Bass.

Using spam or the like you will most likely catch loads of turtles. You can buy worms in Walmart, find out if you need a fishing licence or not but they can be purchased in Walmart as well.

Thanks for the advice,dont fancy the turtle or the catfish ill have to do some research into bass fishing i never done the lure thing so all new.ive brought a [bad language filtered out]py lure set up for 20 pound from a sports shop so ill give that a go .
    We fly out on the 18th april so not long now , thinking of giving florida firearms a go to, once again thanks.
    ps.feed the alligators more like run

Thats a nice bass what were you using to catch it?- type of plastic worm?

Avid

My son uses some glittery lure things from Walmart- always cathching huge Bass on our Lake [Sunset Lakes]