Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinking : ID

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's true - you have to have photo ID. However, it depends on who you get stopped by - not all police will enforce the law as they should. Better safe than sorry.

wrpac00
    I must have had one of the police patty mentioned then. Don't have the problem now as I changed mine to a photo one just in case I need photo ID.

The simple answer is that it is a legal requirement to carry photo ID in the USA and parts of Europe, this the part of reason why we changed to photo ID. If you get pulled over and have no photo ID thepolice will useless let you go (if you look and act like a tourist family). State Troopers hosted can be very mean Brown cars and look like they are all ex marines). I was pulled once for speeding and dud not havemy wallet. They were taking me until I could prove who I was. Luckily my house was on route and persuaded them to stop by.

We were threatened with court when we were unable to provide it![msneek]
    The very officious park ranger who stopped us for allegedly travelling 15 mph in a 10mph area was very rude about UK licenses, he said that it didn't even show our DOB, when we pointed out that it did he asked my hubby for his license and he wasn't even driving, my BIL was!! Told us if were regular visitors to the US as we claimed we should know the law!!
    In the end we called his bluff and told him to get on with the court summons, I think the paperwork was too much for him as he was going off shift so he let us off with a warning.
    Perhaps the law is different in CA or perhaps the police in Florida are more used to UK licenses.

For anyone looking to update to a photo license it is really easy to do online, the DVLA simply take your photo from your passport......they have links to passport office. You don't even need to send in a photo!!

Liz

Always asked for ID if having a drink at any of the USA airports, such a joke but if it is the law then we have to abide by it, never been asked at any of the restaurants. My husband and I are mid 60's ..... such a joke really.

Val