Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reserve Disney ride times from home, coming soon

Administrator

Reserve Disney ride times from home, coming soon

Disney have reportedly announced they are spending around $1 billion on a new initiative whereby guests can reserve ride times from home before going to the park thus avoiding the lines.

The new system apparently will also allow visitors to book shows and dining times in advance.

I'm not sure how long this will take to implement, but Disney said it will be some time before this is all in place.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ooh that sounds good, will keep an eye open for that. It'll be very handy, thanks for posting [msnsmile2]
    Rosie

I wonder if they will charge for it, to recoup the money? Because everyone will try to book the rides, in case they go that day, or whatever - and there aren't enough hours in the day.............so how will they handle it- reservation charge, or what?

From what I have heard it will be an adaption of the existing fast pass system, I would imagine there will be a fee for it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
    I wonder if they will charge for it, to recoup the money? Because everyone will try to book the rides, in case they go that day, or whatever - and there aren't enough hours in the day.............so how will they handle it- reservation charge, or what?
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    That has been a concern of mine for some time, that Disney will be monitoring, as best they can how successful the charges for the Universal Express are and start to charge, making those who don't want to pay the extra 2nd class Guests in effect.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    It will be a real shame if there is a fee for it; as much because it likely will only be a small fee (per ride maybe - although it's anyone's guess) and the faff of having to organise an online payment there and then could really take the gloss of what should be an enjoyable experience.

If I were Disney ...

... what I would do would be to link booking your slot on the ride to one of the days on your multi-day ticket ...

That would guarantee that you would turn up at the park that day (if the Ts&Cs effectively used a day off the ticket at the point you reserve the ride).

That could be used to upsell to higher value tickets (maybe make this a paid-for feature like non-expiry or park hopping) or make it available only on the longer tickets.

Knowing this kind of knowledge in advance would allow Disney to tune their logistics in real time so that they run the park more efficiently to make sure that there is someone there to sell you a drink and a burger ... right when you want one.

The main thing Disney could do however is capture your details for future marketing. That's where the big win would be. Immense even!

There are a few other benefits I can think of too, but the marketing one is the big one.
    Steve

Pretty much guaranteed that's a no go, the logistics would be too much, you have hundreds of resellers, who in turn buy from main agents and so on.
    It could possibly be just for onsite residents only, that's what I would do if I owned Disney. They ave very stiff competition nowadays and being onsite is no longer the advantage it was, this option would be a huge advantage and they could cut costs by dropping the magic hours. Still it's all speculation. They will do whatever maximises the benefit for Disney

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    It will be a real shame if there is a fee for it; as much because it likely will only be a small fee (per ride maybe - although it's anyone's guess) and the faff of having to organise an online payment there and then could really take the gloss of what should be an enjoyable experience.

If I were Disney ...

... what I would do would be to link booking your slot on the ride to one of the days on your multi-day ticket ...

That would guarantee that you would turn up at the park that day (if the Ts&Cs effectively used a day off the ticket at the point you reserve the ride).

That could be used to upsell to higher value tickets (maybe make this a paid-for feature like non-expiry or park hopping) or make it available only on the longer tickets.

Knowing this kind of knowledge in advance would allow Disney to tune their logistics in real time so that they run the park more efficiently to make sure that there is someone there to sell you a drink and a burger ... right when you want one.

The main thing Disney could do however is capture your details for future marketing. That's where the big win would be. Immense even!

There are a few other benefits I can think of too, but the marketing one is the big one.
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    [quote][. They will do whatever maximises the benefit for Disney

And they must be doing something right Martin as my daughters 1 share dividend increased last year from 17 cents to 24 cents.
    Babblin Boo

Hope its not only for Hotel stayers

Florida Expert
    But I wouldn't want to see a charge for it. It really annoys me at Universal because it is extra we can't afford. The only time we found it affordable the queues were so small it didn't matter! With carpark fees and entrance we are already paying enough