Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A night on the Gulf

Florida Chatterbox

A night on the Gulf

We usually travel down to the Gulf for a day at the beach. Last year was Anna Maria Island and the year before was Siesta Key. We also drive almost all the way back down for Busch Gardens during our holiday.

This year i have booked the beachview inn at Clearwater for the night for all of us so we can do a day on the beach and then Busch Gardens the following day without the drive back up each time. Two rooms to sleep 9 of us was a good price and we can watch the sunset directly from our balcony overlooking the gulf.

Question is, can anyone recommend a nice place to eat that evening that is ok with kids. We are at the bottom end, a bit further down from Pier 60.

I looked at getting a villa for the night but once you add the cleaning charge and the fact it would be a drive away from the coast, i decided that perhaps a hotel on the beach was better for one night.

Thanks in advance as always
    Garry Pullan

Thats a great idea Gary- can you tell me how much you paid for the hotel- we might look at doing this

Bob Hellmans is a good resturant it is Mandaley Ave it is nice not cheap put their menu on online and look at the prices,
    There is a very good resturantin Treasure Island 8 miles along the coast called Middle Ground not sure if you are willing to travel that far ,Also there is a Columbia over the bridge on the left.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We have been here a couple of times and been blown away each time-it's not a shorts/tshirt place and you will probably have to book in advance/ring ahead-I would definitely recommend it for a special night-check out their website for menus;fine with kids as well

Salt Rock Grill
    19325 Gulf Blvd.
    Indian Shores, FL 33785-2214

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lynnroy
    Thats a great idea Gary- can you tell me how much you paid for the hotel- we might look at doing this
    [/quote]

Lyn,

We have paid $195 for a room which sleeps 4 people. We have booked 2 of these then our 1 year old will be in a cot.

There are quite a few places overlooking the gulf but i plumped for the one below:

This will be my view first thing in the morning:

And this the night before:

Not sure how much we will save by not having to drive back twice but with a 15 seater and 9 people in it i know what i'd rather do at the end of a day on the beach [msncool]

The previous times we have been down to the gulf we have had to hang around until sunset which is a bit hard on the kids once they have finished in the sea. This way we can retire back to the hotel pool and then watch the sunset from there or our balcony if the babies are ready for sleep.
    Garry Pullan

It looks lovely Gary, it was modernised a few years ago so was all of Clearwater.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

I had a look at the hotel website after seeing your post earlier and it does look amazing. We are planning to go to clearwater for the day and had kind of decided not to bother with Busch this time since it would be another long drive but what you're doing seems the perfect solution. We'll def look into it. Our only prob might be that our friends have just got a new foster child and she may end up coming with us dependnig on whither the council fund her and if we can get a flight for her. So we'd need 3 rooms as she won't be allowed to share a room with them- so it might work out too expensive.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lynnroy
    I had a look at the hotel website after seeing your post earlier and it does look amazing. We are planning to go to clearwater for the day and had kind of decided not to bother with Busch this time since it would be another long drive but what you're doing seems the perfect solution. We'll def look into it. Our only prob might be that our friends have just got a new foster child and she may end up coming with us dependnig on whither the council fund her and if we can get a flight for her. So we'd need 3 rooms as she won't be allowed to share a room with them- so it might work out too expensive.
    [/quote]
    Tell the council that it is a big family holiday and that you want the enhanced payment-we had to provide a breakdown of the flight cost and the child's "share" of the cost of villa,cars,park tickets etc. -when we took foster kids to orlando we invariably got a higher contribution than the norm-include in the breakdown the additional cost of the 3rd room.

Thanks Albert- her social worker is speaking to her boss at the moment to see if they will fund it, we are not bothered about contributions to villa- car hire etc- if they will just pay her flight and a bit extra for park entrances etc that will be fine. They are delighted that she may have the chance to go to Florida and her social worker said she would do everthing possible to fund her. She's only been with them for a week but seems to be a really nice wee girl. Glad to hear you managed to do it successfully- only prob might be getting her a flight as its looks like ours is full- but my friends partner says he could maybe get a flight on his own and give her his seat.

And Soz Gary didn't mean to highjack your post!!!!

Florida Savvy
    Used to be a superb restaurant indian rock or something rock last time i was in clearwater...stunning place eat outside and chance to see dolphin and manatees..