Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One night stay

Florida Newbie

One night stay

Just wondering if it's worth putting in a request for 1 night,we are on our way to the coast and would rather stay in our own space.
    Would like feedback from owners on here as I don't want to waste everyone's time,I know some people do rent out for 1 night if they have a gap in the calendar.

Thanks

Jan

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I don't know any owners who would do a 1 night stay ( but I'm not saying there are none - just I don't know any)

Our minimum would be 5 nights but I know some owners who take 3 nighters.

You could try putting in a request because you never know [msnsmile]

Best of luck

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Expert
    The 'problem' with a one-night stay is the cost of the clean, the proportion of the a one-night rate and the clean cost is disproportionate. As long as you realise that probably half the cost of a one-night stay is for the cleaning I guess an owner would fill a gap.
    Clare R

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Another 1 night stay is that it can often be because someone wants to organize a party and wants somewhere to hold it.
    Also as previously stated a lot of the cost would be for the clean.
    IF you are happy to accept this put a note in the comments that you are en route and thats why you only want the one night
    Christine

I've taken a few 2 night bookings, but would happily take a one night booking if it fitted in our calendar, I'm sure I can't be the only one that does so put out an enquiry, explain that you're on your way to the coast (and not planning a rave for 200!) and hopefully you'll find a lovely villa that will give you a lovely restful night on your way to the coast!
    Caroline & Dave

We have taken one night bookings when it has fit in with a gap and we don't really have a minimum, it depends on our calendar. I would say it's worth putting out a request. As Caroline mentions, just make a note on your request and mention why you only need the one night.

Good luck, hopefully you will find something.
    Sarah

We would also take a one night stay although most guests seem to think it is expensive once the clean has been added. We have done 2 and 3 night stays. In fact we have a 3 night coming in the day after I leave next week. They are going to Kennedy (hopefully to see a launch!!).

As suggested, send an enquiry and see what response you get.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    We're the same and will try to judge each on the information given. There was a spell a while ago of houses that were booked for one night and used for drug operations (you wouldn't believe what we see on this side of the fence) and within a few hours there would be cars coming at going all day long.

A proportion of the cost also goes on taxes as well so most Guests think the cost is then too high for a 1 night stay. Like you though we often want to do this and it's much nicer to check into youur own place if only for 1 night.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    We would certainly take a one night booking if we have the space, in fact we welcome bookings of any length. Bookings of 7 nights of less incur a clean fee

Send your enquiry and see what response you have.

Welcome to the forum
    Jan&Steve

We too would take a one night stay, providing we can be assured that it is not for a party. We did this once and it was fine, we did inform the guest that our friends who live across the road would be checking that there was not a party being held and that if there was we would get our MC to evict them immediately (we added this to the T & C's for that booking). We also charged the full cost of the clean and luckily there was absolutely no problem. But for most people it is too costly, but as owners we cannot afford to take a loss on such a short stay.