Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keys to the Kingdom

Florida Junior

Keys to the Kingdom

We, 2 adults, are planning a day off during our July holiday and want to do one of the backstage tours. We've got it down to a choice of two - Keys to the Kingdom ($74, 4-5 hrs) or Backstage Magic ($224, 6-8 hrs).

Anyone done either or both of these, any recommendations or otherwise ?

Tony

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We did the Keys To The Kingdom Tour a few years ago now and absolutely loved it. Here's a link to the article I wrote about it at the time which gives more details.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've also done Keys to the Kingdom, and plan to do Backstage Magic when we get a chance. We thoroughly enjoyed Keys to the Kingdom.

If you are doing it in July perhaps Keys would be a little easier due to the heat as you do a lot of walking outside. Then plan to do Backstage Magic at another time.
    Rosie

Gold 5 Star Member
    They both sound good, I will add that to our list of things to do
    Jan&Steve

So what does Backstage magic do that Keys doesn't?

Florida Junior
    Backstage Magic is a longer day, and includes other Disney parks as well as MK.
    But not sure how much of the extra time / $ goes into travelling between parks etc, so wondering if $224 (vs $74) really worth it.

Florida Expert
    We've been waiting to do the Keys tour for quite a while - next year our youngest will be 16 so hope we will do it then. I hadn't heard of the Backstage Magic tour which sounds interesting too. For those who have done both, which was the best - or the best one to start with?

Florida Chatterbox
    Risky strategy this from Disney. May annoy visitors who think their admission tickets are expensive enough as it is.

We have done Back Stage Magic.

Brilliant day out starts in Epcot where you learn about the animatronics and get to vist some of the staff areas and costuming, then you go to the workshops where they do the Christmas trees and flower arrangements. MGM includes a great lunch at the Italian restaurant and a trip to the costume design studio......you get to wave to the backstage tour as it goes through![msnwink]

After lunch you visit some of the other workshops and finish off in MK which incorporates part of the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

We found out so many fascinating facts and our guide was brilliant, we intend to do it again one day but on our upcoming trip we are doing the Segway tour.......wish me luck!!

[msneek]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    OMG..LIZ we will need photos of the Segway tour [msnwink] Really fancied that a few years back, but went for the Keys to the Kingdom instead (LOVED it!) , not sure I could do the Segway Tour, but it looks so much fun!!