Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Pre-paid Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would be interested in Enhanced Road Side Assistance

70 55.56%
  • No I would not be interested

56 44.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-paid Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Administrator

Pre-paid Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Although our car rental packages include breakdown road-side assistance, none of the rental companies provide roadside assistance for the following items even when booking an all-inclusive package. You can opt to pay for enhanced roadside assistance to cover the following items when you collect your car at approx. $10 per day
    • Flat Battery
    • Damage caused by putting the wrong fuel type in the car (e.g. putting diesel in a petrol car)
    • Broken Windows
    • Punctures
    • Key replacement if you lose the key
    • Locking the keys in the car
    • Damage to the interior (caused by spilling drinks, cigarette burns in seats etc)
    We are looking at providing pre-paid Enhanced Roadside Assistance to cover these items to give you complete peace of mind. The proposed fee is £2 per day booked, and can be selected when you book the car or any time up to your collection date.

Before we launch this we are trying to gauge the level of interest. Please use the poll below to indicate if you would consider opting for this

I voted yes, but would probably only buy the option on trips where we're planning on doing lots of driving, if we were staying fairly local I might not bother.
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    I voted yes as it's good value for peace of mind.
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    I too have voted yes.

Just to clarify a couple of points though.

1. We had a flat the day we collected the car we were about 10 minutes from our villa and it just went flat. WE took the car back on the Sunday and they swopped it over. Had I been on my own would roadside assistance have attended as I cannot change a tyre.[msnembarrased]

2. Re broken windows are you referring to the side windows as I assume the windscreen is covered anyways.

Lynne

Administrator
    Yes, they would come out and replace the wheel with the spare for you on the enhanced roadside assistance. On the standard roadside assistance not even the front windscreen is covered, so this new coverage will include any window.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pookie
    I too have voted yes.

Just to clarify a couple of points though.

1. We had a flat the day we collected the car we were about 10 minutes from our villa and it just went flat. WE took the car back on the Sunday and they swopped it over. Had I been on my own would roadside assistance have attended as I cannot change a tyre.[msnembarrased]

2. Re broken windows are you referring to the side windows as I assume the windscreen is covered anyways.

Lynne
    [/quote]

I voted no as we tend to stay for a month to 6 weeks at a time and that would add another £60 - £84 to our car hire.

Mo
    Maureen Green

For peace of mind I voted yes.
    Karen Scott

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    I voted yes, but would probably only buy the option on trips where we're planning on doing lots of driving, if we were staying fairly local I might not bother.
    [/quote]

Voted yes but would probably do the same.

Mary

I didn't vote, Roger, as I think that this option would perhaps work if bundled into the gold option (with appropriate price tweaking) but if it was separate ... I don't know if I would take it or not.
    Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    I voted yes as until recently I hand't even considered these things weren't ocvered. We may have read it in the small print years ago but over time have forgotten it. You tend to think if you have an all inclusive policy that covers everything but it's the same as the "unlimited" phone packages that still have limits on them, they'll get you if they can.
    Babblin Boo