Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Pre-paid Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would be interested in Enhanced Road Side Assistance

70 55.56%
  • No I would not be interested

56 44.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-paid Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    I voted No, like Mo usually stay for 4 weeks or so. Think it would be a useful option for others though if offered as an optional extra at booking.

Must admit that Car hire companies have been, how can I put it .... careless, in adding it to my booking once when we arived in Orlando, despite me statin g No at time of collecting car.

If you don't want it make sure the box is not checked when you collect the car![msnwink]
    Graham

Voted yes as it will be a good option to offer guests; but probably will not use it myself.

Regards Dave

Dave Lewis

Florida Chatterbox
    Voted yes... because in case of a front window break you will pay 10 time the insurance amount !!!
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3515.aspx[/url]
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3516.aspx[/url]

I voted yes, the extra cost would be worth it for peace of mind.
    Barbara

Florida Chatterbox
    Voted yes. I would pay £2 per day but not $10 per day.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Voted NO because we now stay for 3 to 4 weeks at a time.

Am I right, that this is just for roadside assistance in the case of one of these incidents arising? If the windscreen went and you could make it back to the car rental depot, you would not be expected to pay for a new windscreen, or would you?
    Christine

Administrator
    On the standard cover, the rental companies do not pay for the windscreen (or tires) if damaged, so even if you went back to the depot without needing roadside assistance then they would still charge you for this.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris c

Am I right, that this is just for roadside assistance in the case of one of these incidents arising? If the windscreen went and you could make it back to the car rental depot, you would not be expected to pay for a new windscreen, or would you?
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    On the standard cover, the rental companies do not pay for the windscreen (or tires) if damaged, so even if you went back to the depot without needing roadside assistance then they would still charge you for this.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris c

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Thank you for clarifying.

That may well make a difference to my vote!
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    We always pay the extra locally as we once had a very bad experience with a damaged tyre so my vote is definitely a yes
    Ruth

Florida Junior
    Hi Roger,

Voted yes. We had a puncture on a recent trip and changed it ourselves. However, were not charged anything when returning the car, but worried that we were going to be for days before. This was with Dollar and in a Chrysler Aspen - I imagine the tyres were not cheap and there was a great big bolt through it!!!

Had a key fob stop working on another trip too.

I would pay £2 per day, but not $10 - that's just too much.

Is this something you may bring in soon? If so, would it be possible to add to an existing booking?

Sean