Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Discovery Cove

Florida Newbie

Discovery Cove

Can anyone confirm how strict Discovery Cove are with the age of children doing the Dolphin Swim - is it purely from a communicative point of view that they stipulate age 6 so that the child is aware of the instructions being given out or is it for insurance purposes?
    I have a friend who is visiting Florida in July and their child will be 5 and a half?

Mrs G
    mrs g

Florida Chatterbox
    They are strict as in they repeat that any child must be 6 years old and i expect it has an effect on any insurance claim but.........we went in October 2008 when one of our children wasn't 6 until the end of December and he swam with the dolphins.

It's a personal thing. The minimum age is 6 but our boy swam as a 5 year old. You make your own choices.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Expert
    We went while we were out there for the summer holidays and visited discovery cove in September last year and my grandson was not allowed to swim with the dolphins and he was 6 ( three weeks short of his 7th birthday ) He has been swimming since he was 2 years old but they still refused to let him swim with the dolphins. He is a little small for his age but is a good strong swimmer and what made it even more frustrating was that Kate+8 had been to the park earlyer in the year and they were all allowed to swim with them even though some of her children could barely swim. We had watched it before we went ( I think it was the beginning of Aug when it was on the TV ). When I asked why they had been allowed in when they could barely swim I was told rather rudely that they were more commercially viable than we were and they would bring more people to the park!!.