Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scones...

Florida Savvy
    Went to the restaurant yesterday, had a very nice cottage pie with cabbage roasties and carrots with Brown sauce - yummy and yes she does do scones but they have fruit in them but is willing to do plain ones for guests but at a cost of $2.50 per scone (which is a bit costly if the boy can eat 10 a day) her normal charge for a cream tea is $4.75 which is not that bad.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread at least now they have a contact who can make him his scones;personally I dont know why they dont make them themselves but hey - nowt so strange as folk.

Thanks again - as a bye to this I would recommend the restaurant, they do Sunday Lunches with yorkshires and pie and chips. Its Called Vineland Bistro in Poinciana Plaza - next to Publix, they put an English Flag out when they are open. Its just a cafe nothing grand but the food was good.

VIOLET BARROW

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by VIOLET
    Went to the restaurant yesterday, had a very nice cottage pie with cabbage roasties and carrots with Brown sauce - yummy and yes she does do scones but they have fruit in them but is willing to do plain ones for guests but at a cost of $2.50 per scone (which is a bit costly if the boy can eat 10 a day) her normal charge for a cream tea is $4.75 which is not that bad.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread at least now they have a contact who can make him his scones;personally I dont know why they dont make them themselves but hey - nowt so strange as folk.

Thanks again - as a bye to this I would recommend the restaurant, they do Sunday Lunches with yorkshires and pie and chips. Its Called Vineland Bistro in Poinciana Plaza - next to Publix, they put an English Flag out when they are open. Its just a cafe nothing grand but the food was good.

[/quote]
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    They did move but now are known at Bistro UK. It is not a tea shop or anything like Sherlocks. Definitely not my 'cup of tea' and they only open certain evenings, nothing during the day. Went once....surprised they are still open.[msnoo][msnoo]
    [/quote]

Sherlocks of Celebration didnt move, they shut down. But later sold a franchise to the two ladies who opened the branch at Cagans Crossing on E-2 visa. Their cafe was originally opened as Sherlocks but I believe a disagreement arose with the franchisors which is now the subject of legal action and the ladies have changed the name and the menu and are really now nothing like the original Sherlocks. How you can sell a franchise of something that is shut down is beyond me but may explain why the web site is still in existence.
    Julie

Florida Expert
    you can buy a box of about 24 in sams club if you have a card or ask if they do a visitors pass
    sue