Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very sad news about Blott

Gold 5 Star Member

Very sad news about Blott

This is I think the most difficult post I am ever going to make. It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you all that much loved and respected forum member Blott passed away last night. As some of you know, she had been ill for quite some time however she deteriorated suddenly last week, was admitted to hospital on Thursday with renal failure and unfortunately passed away in her sleep last night.

I met Blottie through this forum when it first started about nine years ago and we discovered that not only did we both have Florida villas but that we lived quite near each other in the UK also. We became close friends and kept in touch via daily emails over the seven years I was in Florida and of course met up when she visited her villa.

Blottie loved her villa and anything to do with Florida and has spent much of her time working tirelessly on the forum helping other homeowners or those intending or rent homes with her endless knowledge and her brand of home spun common sense. If anyone wanted to know anything, if she didnt know the answer, she would find it in a jiffy, her ability to do this always astounded me. I know you on the forum will all miss her as I will.
    Julie
    Julie

Littlehampton, West Sussex and Peace Circle, Crescent Lakes, Orlando
    Dear Blottie (Carol)

Rachel and I met Carol on numerous different occasions in Florida. She was always the same helpful and very informative. We will miss you. OV will miss you.

God Bless

Rachel & Nigel

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I only just joined this forum and received an e-mail from Blott (Carol) last Monday 24th - I'm so sad to hear of her passing and send our condolences to Carol's family - a terrible shock for you all

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Newbie
    Very sad news.[angel]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh no..we did not always got on..she was always telling me off..I was only read a PM I got from her ages ago yesterday...I was deleting old PMs....very sad she will be missed it will not be the same here without her

This is terribly sad news.

May she rest in peace and I am absolutely sure that the legacy of her devotion, tireless work and insight into all things Florida will live on in the many words of advice, sprinkled with common sense and witticisms in these forums.

She will be greatly missed.
    Euan

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Very sad news-my condolences to her family

Florida Chatterbox
    How sad, her memory will live on as many owners & their guests will have benefited from her knowledge and her posts. Condolences to her family from us all, her virtual friends. Ann

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP

I am absolutely sure that the legacy of her devotion, tireless work and insight into all things Florida will live on in the many words of advice, sprinkled with common sense and witticisms in these forums.
    [/quote]
    I am always at a loss for words but think your quote is a perfect description.
    Rest in Peace Blott, you will be missed on these forums
    Paula

God Bless you Blottie... Carol, thankyou for your kindness an devotion to thie florida site and helping others having a wonderful holiday in florida, your going to be sadly missed xxx our sympathies are with your family xx
    Liesa