Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Companion Flights

Virgin Companion Flights

Has anyone out there ever used the virgin companion flights? Im thinking of booking them next year - hints and tips appreciated.

Diane.
    Diane.

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    There are usually only selected dates available and they are usually off peak.

You have to book early to get them so keep a look out for the dates you want and as soon as they become available you have to book straight away.

My husband sometimes uses the points to upgrade from Economy to Premium so that is an option

Sandra
    Sandra

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sandra M
    There are usually only selected dates available and they are usually off peak.

You have to book early to get them so keep a look out for the dates you want and as soon as they become available you have to book straight away.

My husband sometimes uses the points to upgrade from Economy to Premium so that is an option

Sandra
    [/quote]

I've used the points for Miles+Money before, but wondered if I could get a better deal with my miles.

How do you know when the flights become available - what do I need to look for??

Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't fly Virgin these days Diane but my understanding is that Companion tickets aren't good value because you have to buy a higher priced ticket to qualify.

The general rule of Frequent Flyer schemes is that the best use of them is for upgrades or redemption on Business & First tickets. Using them for Economy flights tends to be poor value.

Virgins miles are pointless unless you use them for miles plus money. I am finding it impossible to get good value in return for my 62,000 Virgin Miles. Jan has another 27,000 so we use them for Miles Plus Money.
    Regards, Mark

Thanks for the comments, I usually do the miles + Money but wondered if I paid full price + Free companion flight it would work out a better deal. Perhaps not. But thanks for the comments anyway.

Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
    Thanks for the comments, I usually do the miles + Money but wondered if I paid full price + Free companion flight it would work out a better deal. Perhaps not. But thanks for the comments anyway.

Diane.
    [/quote]

I looked into it and found as other have said that you have to pay the higher fare and consequently you dont save anything.

We usually go Miles + Money and when I have enough miles acrued we have taken free flights with just the taxes to pay.

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    We usaully use ours for miles + money as that works out best.
    This year we are going in May as we managed to spend miles when they had the 25000 airmiles flight sale on. Selected dates and very few of them but we were very lucky to be looking when the airmiles sale was on and it was dates we could do. So we are going for 25000 miles each plus all taxes etc which is £198 each.

Once i know when we can go i just keep logging on to Virgin Atlantic site and keep looking.

Hope you get a good flight price.

Mary

Florida Chatterbox
    It is a few years since I did this but I did use a companion flight and at the time they also let me use all miles to pay for the other flight so in effect it was just the taxes I paid. Have to point out though that you couldn't use miles plus money - it had to be all miles for the other flight.

If you want to do this keep an eye on the Virgin website and look for the class that you want to fly in and search for the dates using the 'spend miles' option.

Hope this helps

Gold 5 Star Member
    We got some really good deals using our miles for this year, only 25,000 miles and only the taxes to pay for. Worked out at £186 per flight. I booked 2 for March and 3 for July.

There are offers on at the moment, I think you need 35,000 and pay for taxes per flight from Manchester at the moment. Not bad availability, there are some dates left in July.

Hope you find a good deal Diane

Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]