Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our December 2010 Trip part four

Our December 2010 Trip part four

Monday 20/12/10

Today I went to the Florida Mall whilst Alan and Barney went to see Yogi Bear in 3D. I didn't buy much at the mall (a couple of hoodies from Hollister for Sam) but really enjoyed my few hours looking round. I looked again for Lego Hagrid's Hut but to no avail. I had a raisin pretzel from Auntie Anne's and was contemplating having a Haagen Dazs when the boys arrived. We left the mall and went to Bahama Breeze on the way home. I think this was my favourite meal of the whole holiday - almond crusted salmon in a lemon butter sauce with garlic mash, it was absolutely delicious.

We then spent another evening chilling at the house playing games and watching TV.

Tuesday 21/12/10

This morning Alan did some stuff around the house and Barney had a very quick dip in the pool (it was really cold) and then we went to play golf again at Congo River on the 192. Barney won again (I came last again). We then went to Applebee's before another quiet night at home.

Wednesday 22/12/10

Today was our last full day and the weather was lovely - typical, just as we are going home! We went to Houlihans and then played golf again - this time at Pirate's Cove on the 192. We chose the Blackbeard course and Barney got a hole in one which meant he got a token for a free game. I spent the evening packing and doing the washing - that's the great thing about having a washer and drier on holiday, no suitcases full of laundry when we get home.

Thursday 23/12/10

We left the house at about 11am and went to check in at Downtown Disney. There was no queue so we were sorted very quickly. We had one last look in the Lego shop but they still didn't have Hagrid's Hut. We will have to buy it at home where it will cost more - grrr.

Barney asked if we could have one last round of golf so we headed back to Pirate's Cove to play the Cap'n Kidd course. B got another hole in one which meant another token. They never expire so we have brought it home with us - if I remember to take it with us next tme, it will be a miracle. We then decided to have one last meal and chose Red Lobster. I had a lovely combo of Shrimp Linguini Alfredo and salmon which I really enjoyed. After this, we reluctantly headed to the airport to drop the car off. We made good time and were glad we had already checked in that morning as all we had to do was go thorugh security. This took a while but we still had loads of time to kill. They have free Wifi at the airport so B played some games online whilst we had a Starbucks.

The flight was on time and only took 7 hours 25 mins. I watched Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz which I really enjoyed. B managed to sleep for about 3 hours and I slept for about 1 hour. Alan never sleeps on planes.

We landed to a very chilly minus 8 degrees in Manchester and when we picked the car up at the hotel, there was ice on the rear view mirror and a bottle of water we had left on the back seat was frozen solid. When we got home, we dropped B at his grandma's as he always really misses her when we are away and we headed to the supermarket to do the christmas food shopping!

We had a really great holiday - probably very boring by most people's standards but we don't get a lot of time to chill at home so on holiday we love to just relax and do the stuff we never get time to at home like reading and eating out and spending time together as a family. On Christmas day we were all jet lagged and we had to wake Barney up at 9.30am to see if santa had been (he had)!

Time to start planning the next holiday now - not sure when it will be. Never found my wedding ring so need to start looking for a new one as well as continuing the search for Hagrid's Hut. Have looked at our travel insurance policy and think we might be able to claim for my ring on there - worth a shot anyway.

Jude

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Shame about the ring! You were leaving as we were arriving. Loved the reports, just sorry they have finished, but hey I can read them again when you add pictures(fingers crossed)
    Jan

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Loved all your reports Jude.
    Tracy[party1]

loved them all Jude, thanks for shring them with us just hope your ring turns up... one day xx looking forward to the pictures!!
    Liesa

Really enjoyed your trip reports- sorry about your ring though. Your hubby's right though -objects can be replaced- maybe you should renew your vows for your 10th annivesary with sparkly new ring!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Really enjoyed the reports Jude [msnsmile2]

So sorry about the ring, hope the insurance pays up. Thanks for the report, really enjoyed it.

Diane.[msnsmile2]

Thanks for posting the reports enjoyed reading them. Sorry you didn't find your ring though[msnsad]

Just read your reports and thought they were great. It is interesting to see what others do when they visit and sometimes get ideas of what to do next time!

Hope Alan buys you a lovely new ring for your 10th Anniversary[msnwink]

Sandra

Florida Expert
    Loved your reports, reminds me of the times we spent looking for Lego and now its all packed in boxes as our son is 15 now, one day will sell it all - hes getting more expensive tastes now - phones I pads etc