Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Our December 2010 Trip part three

Our December 2010 Trip part three

Thursday 16/12/10

Today the weather was quite warm. We spent the mornng round the house and then went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch. It was very good and we had a Blondie for Two for dessert which was lovely. We then went to a different Walmart to try to find the elusive Lego Hagrid's Hut but no luck. We spent the evening watching a dvd which we rented from the Red Box thing at Walmart - really good value at $1 a night.

Friday 17/12/10

Today was due to be sunny so we headed to Universal. We weren't as early as last time but figured it wouldn't matter as we planned to do the Studios mainly today. We arrived at about 10am and after a drink and bite to eat in Starbucks, we headed in to the park. We went straight to Jimmy Neutron which only had a 5 minute wait. After that we strolled round the park - it wasn't busy at all and the weather was perfect.

Barney decided he didn't want to go on many rides which was fine, we have done them all before. For years Alan has wanted to have a caraciture done of us but I have always resisted for various reasons, one being that I didn't think Barney would sit still long enough and also sometimes we have been here with Alan's other son, Sam, who has just turned 18 and it would have been his worst nightmare! Anyway, I agreed we should have it done and it is really funny - Barney's wild hair dominates the picture! After that Barney went on the Woody Woodpecker ride a few times and we decided to head over to Islands of Adventure. It was busier over there but not too bad. We had another stroll around Hogsmeade and B and A went on Flight of the Hippogriff and B and I went in Olivanders again. We also bought a butterbeer in the souvenir cup and I had some popcorn.

When we were at IOA the other day, the Pteranadon Flyers wasn't running due to the wind and rain so we went to see if it was ok today. It was but with a 45 minute wait! Only one adult per child is allowed so B and I joined the queue whilst Alan waited.

A and B had a go on a couple of the fairground stalls and then we decided to head home as I had a bad headache and felt sick - must be all the excitement! When we got home, I went straight to bed whilst the boys watched another dvd - think it was A Christmas Carol.

Saturday 18/12/10

It rained all day today so we headed to Gaylord Palms to have lunch and do the Polar Bear hunt. For those who don't know, they hide 20 small polar bears around the atrium in the hotel and you pick up a sheet with clues on to find them. We did this a couple of years ago when it was gnomes and I am guessing it won't be many more years before Barney finds this sort of thing 'uncool' so I wanted to do it whilst he still enjoys it. We found some of the bears but not all. We had lunch there at Villa de Flora, very nice buffet style with lots of choice. We didn't do ICE this time as we have done it before.

We spent the evening much the same as all the others - chilling at the house. We had contemplated going to Old Town but it was still raining so we decided against it.

Sunday 19/12/10 - a sad day

On Sunday,the weather was warmer, not hot but a distinct improvement. We headed to Downtown Disney to see if the Lego shop had received any deliveries of Hagrid's Hut but no luck again and they said it was unlikely they would get any more in before Christmas. We had lunch at Earl of Sandwich - I had a tuna melt and Alan had jerk chicken. I think B had a cookie as he had eaten lunch at the house. We then had the obligatory ice cream sundae at Ghiradelli and then headed up to the 192 to play golf at Congo River Golf. We also wanted to feed the gators there but apparently you don't feed them in the winter. Barney won at golf again and we then popped to the Super Target next door for the now customary Hagrid's Hut search - guess what? Yes, that's right they didn't have it!

We headed home and Alan then went out to Home Depot for some stuff he needed for the house. Barney watched the TV and I read my book. Now for the sad part I suddenly realised my wedding ring w
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

What a shame loosing your ring, that would have put a downer on my day. Hope you are going to write that you did find it a few days later. Loving the number of times you visit the adventure golf courses, we love them.
    Jan

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    good read shame about your ring
    Tracy[cheers]

great read but so sorry you had lost your ring... hope it turns up before the ending xx
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your ring [msnsad]

Loving the report but really sorry about your ring ([msnsad]

Oh how awful- its the sentimental value too