Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Our December 2010 Trip part two

Our December 2010 Trip part two

Tuesday 14/12/10

After a great breakfast at Crackerbarrel, we headed back to the house where Barney continued buiding his lego. After lunch, we headed up to International Drive as we had booked a room at The Castle just for one night so we could have a nice meal out without having to drive anywhere.

We checked in (very nice room) and then I headed off to the Premium Outlets whilst Alan and Barney played a round of indoor mini golf at Festival Bay. I enjoyed my hour at the outlets, didnt buy much but had a lovely Haagen Dazs sundae (you might be starting to see a pattern here)! We then headed back to The Castle and spent some time in the room before heading out for dinner. We stopped at TGI's for a cocktail and then headed to Tommy Bahama's at The Pointe. We had first visited Tommy's in Naples and Sarasota 8 years ago and had loved it so we were excited when they opened on International Drive. We didn't eat there when we were here in August so we were looking forward to it. Imagine our disappointment when we asked for a table for 3, only to be told they were closed for a private party. There were lots of conventioners around so presume it was to do with that.

We had a quick debate and decided to go to The Ming Court. This was a trip down memory lane as we got married in Florida at Cypress Gardens almost 10 years ago (Jan 2001) and had our wedding meal at The Ming Court. The food was really good and our waiter, Shawn, was great with Barney. We were really full when we left the restaurant so headed back to the hotel where we were all in bed for 9pm - Alan can't remember the last time he went to bed at that time but he must have been tired as we were all soon asleep.

Wednesday 15/12/10

We were awakened just before 8am by Spongebob Squarepants - not lierally, he was on the TV! We lazed in bed for a while and then got up, bathed and ready for breakfast. I hadn't booked breakfast at the hotel as we are never sure whether we will be ready for it when we have had a big meal the night before but we were all quite hungry so headed to Perkins. After a good breakfast we went to play mini golf at Hawaiian Rumble. Barney was very excited as he won for the first time ever. I came last just like every other time we have played!

We then headed to Walmart where Alan bought some things for the house, Barney chose some t shirts, Mario, Spongebob, Cookie Monster and a couple of others and I picked up some lovely fleecy pyjamas (Snoopy and The Grinch) - am hoping I won't need them here as the weather channel keeps saying it will warm up nicely starting tomorrow.

As I write, the sun is shining and it is definitely warmer than yesterday. The boys are playing table tennis and I am starting to think about where we might go for dinner later on. Barney has finished building The Burrow and is now at a standstill as Walmart had sold out of Hagrid's Hut today. Oh well, a good excuse to go back tomorrow.

Hope you aren't bored yet - as you can see our holidays revolve around eating and Walmart! Off to Universal on Friday so the next instalment should contain more action!
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Nothing wrong with eating and Walmart, big part of our holidays. We visited Perkins for the first time in January and really impressed,we went for lunch. The pies!![high5]yummm!!!
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox
    I agree Jan, eating and visiting Wal Mart are an essential part of our holidays too!! Enjoying reading your reports, looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Margaret. I enjoyed reading yours too. We got married in Florida 10 years ago so it brought back happy memories.

Jude
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Good report,we most go back to Ming Court in April last went about 20 years a go.
    Tracy[cheers]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've not heard of Ming Court before, but Perkins is my favourite venue for breakfast.

another good part... we also like to eat swim and walmart when over... lol may throw in a day for something else... lol
    Liesa

Yep - were Walmart fans too!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Another great report - i also love Harry Potter!