Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will orlando ever be unpopular

Florida Chatterbox

will orlando ever be unpopular

Being that many of us are visitors to florida/orlando and some of us have villas, it is always nice to read things like that.

"In summer 2010 there was a 17.4 per cent rise in overseas visitors, with overall visitor numbers up by 0.6 per cent to 18.9 million for the third quarter which is pretty impressive when you consider the impact of the Global economic downturn and all the flight problems in the past 12 months."

We are getting inquires fromAmericans again and have for a few months so some countries are looking forward to the future .
    Also other countries never stopped coming in for our villa.
    The media seem to be the worse scares and make people who want to move on hold back as in the UK .
    I do not think Florida / Orlando will ever die.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I heard on a radio show recently that the USA was the place to holiday this year as the exchange rate was better for Brits copared to the Euro.

There have been many more enquiries for villas so maybe this is true.

The $ rate has increased a bit over the last week and is hovering around $1.60

Fingers crossed it improves more for everyone travelling soon
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's always tricky to reach any firm conclusions with these figures because of the way they are reported. Overall, the number of visitors is about the same as 2009 at 18.9 million so I assume that the rise in overseas visitors must be matched by a similarly significant reduction in US visitors.

A number of factors need to be borne in mind. Firstly, overall visitor numbers have actually been falling over the past few years but it seems that the decline is very much related to domestic travel and it looks like international numbers are holding up well. Secondly, care needs to be taken with international figures because Canadians are included in that and account for about 50% of that total so any change in their habits will have a big impact. Finally, these figures relate to whole of Florida so don't necessarily apply to any particular part. Like all figures, they can be used to show more or less anything the presenter wants them to.

I doubt very much if Florida will ever be 'unpopular' but the rising costs of US holidays might mean a short-term squeeze due to the prevailing economic environment. It would be interesting to see figure relating just to UK visitors.

I suppose it depends upon your individual perspective but I'd actually prefer fewer visitors in the weeks I'm on holiday.[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    It will never become unpopular. Disney have too much invested there and it's a fun place to be and will always want to vacation there, even when our children have flown the nest. I just hope that the uk airlines don't price out of the market
    Jan&Steve

Where else in the world can people of all ages and cultures, and all shapes and sizes come together to enjoy so many amazing theme parks and have so much fun? And with sunshine most of the time, too?

Will it ever become unpopular?

I can't see that. But maybe if flight prices continue to increase it will become a place where those on a very tight budget will not be able to afford to go.
    ellie

It used to be a very expensive flight and hotel when we first went, over 20 years ago, things are better now, thankfully. Will Orlando ever become unpopular. No........not whilst there is a mouse in the house!
    There is nowhere else like it, and I have been to quite a bit of the USA and Europe. THe weather, scenery, people, parks, food, shopping- I could go on!

Will Mickey Mouse ever become unpopluar..........dont think so as every generation loves him and as long as the Parks keep adding and re-inventing themselves then I personally feel it will always be a popular destination for the young and old.

Val

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I agree with previous posters - there really is no place like Florida! [msnsmile]

Florida Chatterbox
    We have visited a few far flung exotic islands but still like Florida - it isnt all about the parks for us at all, never has been really. We try to encourage our guests to go out and explore esp if they;re repeat visitors. We still have a list of things to do and see after all these years of visiting.