Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Please- before I go mad!!!

Help Please- before I go mad!!!

I know the advice is generally to find a villa you really like rather than choose by community. However I seem to be getting really hung up on which community to go for.
    I have been trying to get a villa around the Poinciana area but not any further down than Terre Verde- as I feel Cresent Lakes for expample is too far out for us. And have also been looking at the communities around Formosa Gardens areas(wish we could afford Formosa!!)
    We really like a couple of other villas at High grove and Vista Park But I've not been to this end of the 192 at all and wonder if this will feel too far out for us as well?
    Would really welcome your comments and advice please.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    No-one can really say that one community is better of the other. Each has there own views and likes and dislikes.

If you look at the OV map of the communities, this will give you a picture of where they all are, Most of the communities are within 20 minutes of Disney, some 10mins, some 15mins,

Then you will have some on the West side of Disney, Like High Grove,Vista Park, Hampton Lakes, Westridge etc. and then to the East which will be Cresent Lakes, Terre Verde, etc. Both have advantages of their own.

At one point a few years ago, the West side was just in the development stages, so a few people did feel that the prefered to be closer to amentities etc, but this is not the case anymore, both east and west have plenty to offer everyone.

Sorry this does not help you choose, but what can I say you are spoilt for choose
    CERI

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We never really bother about which community as we spend all our time either at the parks or at the villa-and all the villas we've been in have been excellent.
    If they are all within 20 minutes or so of the attractions I wouldn't get too agitated by it.

Gold 5 Star Member
    As Albert says as long as they are in a reasonable drive time it's always a bit academic which you go for, sometimes what the community or villa has to offer will easily outweigh the minimal extra drive time. When we bought our home at Hampton Lakes we loved the fact that youu drive through the scenic Orange Groves to get there. Of course many of them have now gone but there are still stretches of pines and oranges to give you a feeling of calm after the razmatazz of the parks and I drive etc.
    Babblin Boo

Its not the drive to the parks that bothers me- I know its all much of a muchness- its more the going out for a meal at night etc- the West side ones are right at the bottom of the 192 whereas East side are more central to the area of the 192 that has lots of restaurants. looking at google maps its looks a long way from the end of the 192 up to where most of the restuarants etc are- or am I way off the mark- because I've not been to the west end of it before I can't really picture how far out it is.
    Not that we will be going out at night a lot so maybe it doesn't really matter, and maybe there are plenty of restuarants around the westside. I'm just really looking for clarification.
    I wish know when we were there last year we had gone round the different communities.
    I have stayed in Indian Ridge which we thought was fab location wise- 2 mins to get to 192-unfortunately this year we are looking for a bigger house and not seen anything there we liked there.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Lyn,

I am afraid you won't get much help from us owners, [msnwink]
    We all love our own homes and the resort or community they are on, that's why we bought them.
    There are lots of good locations around the Disney area as you have found you are spoiled for choice.

Why not try and get everyone together and make up your short list,I would say go for the villa that offers you and your family what you really want for your holiday, after the theme parks you will be spending most of the time there.

Good luck & have a great holiday [
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lyn, the west of the 192 isn't very far at all, why not draw up a list of what is important to you.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Jan&Steve

There are communities on the H27 within 15 mins of disney Glenbrook is one
    Carol

Florida Newbie
    We've stayed on Indian Point a few times and it was a great location as the back of the community goes out next to WalMart on the 192. I walked it a few times... Got some crazy looks from the Americans for walking though!

Florida Chatterbox
    Me, I would stick with what you gut is telling you. We had the same challenge a few years ago and went with a villa in Legacy Park, we ended up spending the whole holiday feeling like we were a long way away from where we wanted to be, for loads of reasons......