Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Please- before I go mad!!!

Florida Expert
    There are a number of restaurants on the 27 as well and also a number towards the west end of the 192.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lyn,

You could ask all the owners of the homes you like the most for a list of local supermarkets and restaurants that are close to their homes.

Hope you manage to find a lovely home & location you really like [8D]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

You need not worry about being west of the end of the 192 on Highway 27. This is a fast developing area with lots of brand new restaurants and shops, a huge Walmart Superstore, Publix supermarkets, Target, and with the new 429 toll road, very easy access to both Disney and the other parks. There really is everything you could need close by.

It has another benefit, being very close to wonderful Florida countryside, with orange groves and the Lake Louisa Country Park.

Whichever area you decide on, and there are so many, you will find out more by contacting your chosen villa's owner who can tell you what facilities there are close at hand.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday, wherever you choose to stay.
    ellie

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We now stay on Chatham Park, small older community(1993) but we love it the villa we rent backs onto a nice lake and it is really close to the 192 but very quiet around the villas. We have also stayed on Hamilton Reserve which is just across the road, we like the area because you can get to the 192 along Siesta Lago in about 2 minutes or about 3 muniutes up Poinciana Blv.
    Lyn

My friends partner has found a villa he really likes at Vista Park- any thoughts on this area?

Florida Junior
    we have stayed in emerald island, sunset lakes, linfields and oak island, last year stayed in hampton lakes, down the us27, for lots of reasons, never again,[msneek] just soooooooooo far away or it felt like it to us, coming out of the parks at nite seemed to take forever to get back to the villa, all our favourite eating places were on the 192, i would go with your gut feeling and thats to be close to everything which in these other villas we were[clap] hope this helps

We have always liked the west end of Highway 192, especially now with the plethora of new restaurants that are appearing almost monthly. While it has always been our preferred area now it is even more fantastic. There are Red Lobster, Millers Orlando Ale House, Buffalo Wings, Olive Garden, Longhorn, TGI Fridays, Carrabas, Outback plus, plus. And it is only five miles from say, Lindfields to Disney property so easy to get around. Our grandchildren are young and it is an easy trip back home mid-day for a rest and then back for more fun.

Andrena

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by shona
    last year stayed in hampton lakes, down the us27, for lots of reasons, never again,[msneek] just soooooooooo far away or it felt like it to us, coming out of the parks at nite seemed to take forever to get back to the villa, all our favourite eating places were on the 192, i would go with your gut feeling and thats to be close to everything which in these other villas we were[clap] hope this helps
    [/quote]

Before we had our own place I remember staying on US 27 and thinking the same thing, but now we know our way around we think 27 is a great area.......even though that's not where we own (before you think that's my only reason for this post!). There are lots of short cuts and quieter roads which your villa owner can tll you about. So my advise would be to choose the villa you like that has all the facilities you and your family want, nowhere is really far away[msnsmile]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    I was going to say the same as Liz but as we do have a place at Hampton Lakes thought it might seem biased. We too stayed at Westridge before we owned and at first thought the same but soon got used to the fact there were more alternative routes to use.
    Would just add that as wel as the villa it's worth looking to see if there are and community facilities that might appeal to the family and give you more to do when there are rest days. Al the comunities have a Publix within approx 5 mins for groceries and the Walmart at Cagans crossing is les than 10 mins away.
    As this was previously the undeveloped end of the 192 it does mean that the restaurants etc that have been built are all fairly new and not too tired/dated like some branches of the chains they generaly belong to.
    Babblin Boo

I think every villa and community has it's unique positives and negatives to consider when choosing a location and villa and most point's mentioned on here are very viable points to consider.

Orlando has massively changed over the past couple of year! and more Resturants have opened and closed up and down the 192 and new ones opened on the 27 so where ever you choose you will not be dissapointed in Orlando as theres some think for everyone.

Have a great time choosing your villa and enjoy[msnwink]

Mark.