Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First Timer

Florida Newbie
    I can see that you hav gotten a lot of good advice. We went for our first time in the summer of 2008. We thought this would be a once in a liftime vacation and tried to get to see as much as possible. Both our kids (8 and 10) and us adults vere exhausted at the end. We didnt have one whole day by the pool... So my advice is also to put in a coulple of "restingdays".

That said I would also recomend a trip to the Kennedy Space Center. Loved that place. We are revisiting this summer since we liked it so much.

I dont know if you are planning for more then one visit to Florida, but we werent when we went the first time. Now were going back this summer, and hopefully again in some years.

Have a nice trip!

Florida Junior
    Hi Anita

We are going to go to Kennedy Space Centre as well, the in laws want to go. We were supposed to be going at Christmas but the flights were cancelled hence Easter time. We have already said that we are likely to want to go again but this time definitly go for Xmas.
    Karl

Florida Savvy
    Are you considering a charactor breakfast at Disney, if so, make reservations as soon as possible. Many people make their reservation 180 days in advance, You may like to take a look at [edited out as it contains links to other villas] it's a excellent site.

am so loving this post with lots of lovely helpful ideas for Karl and his family, making me feel so teary eyed as it reminds me of our first 'once in a lifetime trip' in 2002 and have been back lots of times now... also im feeling the anticipation the excitement, these people are really lovely telling you the helpful stuff it will be such a Godsend for you to have such a wonderful stay, hopefully you'll stay a member and pass on lots of helpful advice to others....
    wish we were going sooner then we are as im impatient having had our last trip in may last year and now waiting for september for our forthcoming trip

hope you and your family have a wonderful time Karl (my brothers name[stupid1][high5]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    We've also been there at Easter, the first week we went into Disney it was quiet. As we were there for 3 weeks we decided to take it in easy stages. Big mistake as the following week the queues were horrendous.

You can tell how busy a park is by the wait times for the popular attractions. All parks have boards displaying the times, normally a short distance from the entrance. Check these out so that you can decide how long you're going to stay there that day.

Try to do the most popular rides if the park is quiet, the other rides can be done another time when everyone else is heading towards the one's you've already done.

If you're going out the week before Easter or the week after then it will be very busy.

Florida Junior
    Thanks Leisa, the advice has been invaluable we can't wait to actually go now, less than 8 weeks.
    [high5]
    Karl

For the best breakfast EVER....Bob Evans on the US27!

For the best steaks EVER visit Charley's Steakhouse located on US192 accross from Celebration. If you get there, they also serve up the best lobster EVER, and try aligator while you are there.
    Charley's is expensive, but if you want the best....then you pay top dollar!