Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iberia London-Madrid-Miami

Florida Savvy

Iberia London-Madrid-Miami

Anyone had recent experience of this route? It's coming up as our cheapest option (by £800) for family of 4 in school holidays. But you know when sometimes a price seems too good to be true ...?! Preferred option would obviously be Tampa/Orlando, but with an £800 saving we could have a nice few days getting to/from Miami.

Any comments appreciated.

Sandra

Hi

We are flying into Miami in October, we have found it so much cheaper.

We are 4 adults now.

Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx

Super Moderator
    I was looking for lflights and noticed this option I think it is now showing because BA have a tie in with Iberia. Robert came back from New York last year during the ash crisis via Madrid on a BA codeshare and he did not have any problems but whether they use the same planes on the Orlando route I do not know.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We flew into Miami last year and again this year as it was quite a saving for us but we are flying with Virgin this year. For us it works well, as we always try to fit in with our guest bookings.
    Jan&Steve

Not this direct route. But our company has offices in Miami, and we used to send people direct Munich-Miami on Lufthansa. These days we send them via Madrid on Iberia. It's a bit more mucking about because it's not direct, but it's half the price usually. Feedback from people taking this route is very positive.
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox
    what is the driving time from miami to orlando

Just make sure you don't have a long stopover at Madrid on your return. We did this a couple of years ago. Not worth the saving we made to be honest.

Super Moderator
    We use the US 27 as our villa is at Southern Dunes and it takes us about 4 hours with a stop. The new car rental hub at Miami airport makes it easier to get out of Miami. A lot of people also use the Turnpike which is a toll road and might be a bit quicker but it really depends on where you are staying.

We use the Turnpike which is a brilliant road, with service areas at regular (40 mile) intervals. Exiting the Airport you will need to head towards the 112 Expressway, which leads onto the 1-95 which you join for a short distance before peeling off onto the Turnpike.

It is about 230 miles, depending on your final destination, but it is steady driving as you pick up an electronically created toll card at Lantana, in Palm Beach County which shows your point of origin and the time you travelled through the lane. This allows you to drive through the central, more rural, section of the Turnpike without stopping to pay tolls. You then pay the toll at the end, which was $13.70.

We find this a great road to use - in fact, at Christmas, when I was too ill to drive, my 22 year old son drove this route for me, and he had only been driving in the US for a week beforehand.

As for how long it takes, well, there are strict speed limits in place, and parts of the road, near Miami, for instance, can be busy, and the bit when you come off the Turnpike won't be so quick. So I would not expect to do it in less than 4 hours with a short stop off.
    ellie

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SandraBulmer
    Anyone had recent experience of this route? It's coming up as our cheapest option (by £800) for family of 4 in school holidays. But you know when sometimes a price seems too good to be true ...?! Preferred option would obviously be Tampa/Orlando, but with an £800 saving we could have a nice few days getting to/from Miami.

Any comments appreciated.

Sandra
    [/quote]

We saved a lot LHR - MIA with virgin in the school hols so that might be worth a look. We are a family of 4 adults and 1 child (price wise) but can't remember exactly how much we saved. The flight back is early evening so we thought we can have a day in Miami on the last day [msnsmile2] Hope you find something