Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North / South any significant difference

Florida Junior

North / South any significant difference

Me again!! Going to be staying in Lindfields just off 192 last two weeks in March, google maps gives me a couple of potential routes, one out the north exit of mco and the other out the south, both routes bring me on to the I4 at some stage and then on to 192. There are previous posts promoting the south exit route as quieter but it is slightly longer. Will be arriving at MCO at 6pm on a thursday, taking all the above into account, North or South Exit? At least I know both exits will get me where I want to go so it will probably be day two before I get lost[msnembarrased]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We always use the south route via the 417 as it's not only quieter, but it's a nicer drive with lots of lovely Florida countryside (it's a big dual carriageway though). The north route via the 528 is ok but it's quite a bit busier and takes you through more urban areas. I don't think there is that much time-wise between the two.

We use the south route as well for much the same reasons as John. Although we have never encountered any problems, the 528 tends to be quite busy.
    Jim

Florida Junior
    Thanks guys, will go south then, although I know the satnav will be screaming re-calculating re-calculating, mmm....I'll turn the volume down

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alanm
    Thanks guys, will go south then, although I know the satnav will be screaming re-calculating re-calculating, mmm....I'll turn the volume down
    [/quote]

Not if you specifically ask it to take you there via the 417. No matter what most people think, it's only a machine that does what you ask her to do [msnwink]

Florida Junior
    Lafifille, how did you know my sat nav was a lady? Her name is Majorie by the way
    Married 15 years now, two females in the house, 40yrs & 5yrs and can't get either of them to do what I ask[msnwink]
    Oh dear, going off track must be getting excited about hols

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We always use the south exit, but it does not matter where we are going the sat nav always wants us to go on the I4 unless we tell it otherwise. As already said just tell it to go via 417
    Lyn

A nice time to go on 417 also- all the red and white flowering bushes in bloom along the edges! Make sure you have change for the tolls, or a sunshine pass . Lovely quiet road. a couple of exits you could use- come through Celebration onto 192, or through Disney and down Sherberth Road.

Florida Junior
    Thanks for all the replies, will deffo go south, a couple of workmates are in the U.S. before we travel, they are under strict instructions to bring back whatever loose change they have so should be sorted for the tolls, thanks again.
    Alan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alanm
    Lafifille, how did you know my sat nav was a lady? Her name is Majorie by the way
    Married 15 years now, two females in the house, 40yrs & 5yrs and can't get either of them to do what I ask[msnwink]
    Oh dear, going off track must be getting excited about hols
    [/quote]

I got distracted, in French objects have a gender, a machine is a she. I was very careful not calling the sat nav a "she", because I just knew what was coming, and then got caught in the next sentence. Oh well... I own a B&B, and now that everybody has a satnav, a lot more guests are getting lost than before [msneek]. Actually nobody was getting lost before, they did pay attention to the directions I sent them and did have maps in their cars [msnwink]. I'm thinking of writing a book with all the incredible stories I'm dealing with, it's really extremely funny sometimes.

Little chance you'll get lost in Florida though, it's so easy to drive around in the US. And what's the point of being on a vacation if you don't get lost once in a while . Enjoy your holidays!!!!