Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North / South any significant difference

We too like the south exit and the route along the 417. The Sat Nav can be a pest, when we are driving through Disney it keeps trying to send us off to the I-4, even although the quickest route to Lindfields is along past Animal Kingdom and turn left at the traffic light - can we persuade that dreadful woman that we know better than her!!!

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox
    Definitely going to use the south exit when we go at the end of the month.

Q: We have to go straight to McDonalds when we get there (not specifically there) but we need to feed the younger kids asap as we had a bit of a nightmare last year!

Does anyone know if there is a Mc Donalds or similar en route to Davenport using the 417? Apart from the one at the bottom of the 27 near the I4 as we would almost be at the villa by then.

As always, thanks in advance
    Garry Pullan

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Gary, check out google maps, according to them there is a McDonalds in the Airport and another one not far along the 417 near junction 14.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Andrena
    We too like the south exit and the route along the 417. The Sat Nav can be a pest, when we are driving through Disney it keeps trying to send us off to the I-4, even although the quickest route to Lindfields is along past Animal Kingdom and turn left at the traffic light - can we persuade that dreadful woman that we know better than her!!!

Andrena
    [/quote]If you know where you are going switch the sat nav off.
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    Definitely going to use the south exit when we go at the end of the month.

Q: We have to go straight to McDonalds when we get there (not specifically there) but we need to feed the younger kids asap as we had a bit of a nightmare last year!

Does anyone know if there is a Mc Donalds or similar en route to Davenport using the 417? Apart from the one at the bottom of the 27 near the I4 as we would almost be at the villa by then.

As always, thanks in advance
    [/quote]

Not sure where your villa is located but here are a couple of Mc Donalds for you.

If you exit the 417 at Exit 2 and turn right towards the 192, and then turn left going west on the 192 you will find a Mc Donalds on the right hand side, not far along this road. There is another McDonalds on the left hand side (so you would have to do a 'u' turn) just before you get to the junction with the 27. There is also a McDonalds nearly opposite Walmart at Cagans Crossing. To get to this you would need to take the Highway 27 exit going north, signposted Cleermont.
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks.

We are on highlands Reserve so didn't really want to tackle the 192 so all those Macs are out. There is one at the I4-Hwy27 junction but that's too far.

Lyn suggested one which looks perfect, about 10 minutes along the 417.

I won't be dining, i will wait for my Publix hot chicken and deli salad but the younger kids will want something (or at leaste they did last year!)
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    It doesn't make much difference in time but we usually take the South route.

Depending on where you're staying, it can be a little confusing getting from the Celebration exit to the 192 West. Wouldn't be the first time I have been driving around Celebration pretending that I'm checking it out and not, in fact, lost.

wrpac00
    Thanks.

We are on highlands Reserve so didn't really want to tackle the 192 so all those Macs are out. There is one at the I4-Hwy27 junction but that's too far.

I won't be dining, i will wait for my Publix hot chicken and deli salad but the younger kids will want something (or at leaste they did last year!)
    [/quote]

You would be better to come off the I4 at the 429 and then join the 192 at Orange Lake. You could then go to MD's at Cagan Crossings.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
    Thanks.

[/quote]

You would be better to come off the I4 at the 429 and then join the 192 at Orange Lake. You could then go to MD's at Cagan Crossings.
    [/quote]

At the 429? Surely that's a mile out of my way? If i was to do that i might aswell come off the I4 at the 27 and go to MD's there and that way i wouldn't be going out of my way at all.

Unless i've got my geography wrong on where Orange Lake, Cagan's Crossing and the 429 are??
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    Just put it into Google Maps and i am amazed that coming off the I4 onto the 429 to join the 192 is only 1.3 miles and 2 minutes longer than going straight down the I4 and up the 27.

Amazed!!!
    Garry Pullan