Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potentially stupid question

Florida Chatterbox
    Whilst in orlando, I heard many adverts blaming their scale of accidents on tourist, I believe there is more issues with floridian driving, what do you learn by having a few seconds in a car park taking lessons and there you, you have a driving license, lol.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ukman
    Whilst in orlando, I heard many adverts blaming their scale of accidents on tourists, I believe there is more issues with floridian driving, what do you learn by having a few seconds in a car park taking lessons and there you, you have a driving license, lol.
    [/quote]

Not forgetting those locals who drive whilst talking on their cell phones continuously! [msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    If it isn't possible to do a u-turn, why not turn left into a car park and turn around. That way, you are crossing the carriageway instead of making a slow turn.[/quote]I find this is often the best option. Only takes a min and you are not cutting in front of oncoming traffic.

Another reason was judging the oncoming traffic's speed sometimes for some reason? And also other cars pulling out on the other side of the road. It was just easier to do as you say sometimes. Good tip.[/quote]Guys,
    If you turn left is that not you going across oncoming traffic ?
    You would turn right into a car park or quiet side road and come back out. But to be honest this is then you crossing two lots of traffic flows.

I suggest that you move over to the left and turn when it's safe. This way you only have traffic from one direction to watch.