Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Gulf coast villa wanted, 2 weeks prob Sept. 2011

Gulf coast villa wanted, 2 weeks prob Sept. 2011

Hi folks.

Not definite, but I will almost certainly be looking for a Villa for 2 weeks on the Gulf coast somewhere, probably September or October 2011(depending on when me pension money comes through wooo hoooo![msnsmile2].
    I'm looking for inexpensive, obviously, there's 4 of us, and we're Florida veterans so we understand that it won't be next to the beach.
    We will genuinely consider anywhere but here's our ransom demand:

Anything from Clearwater down as far as Rotonda-ish.
    Preferably 3 beds-2 baths minimum.
    Lanai a must.
    South facing Pool of a must. The further from the beach it is, the less desireable it will be us, but if the cost reflects it, We'll consider that too. For example, we'd prefer West Rotunda to East, (real West Rotonda that is, i.e the western hemisphere of the rotonda circle. We have stayed in a glorious home on the East side of Rotunda, but it wasn't 10 minutes to the beaches as stated, it was more like 20.

Aspect can be a decider for us, a nice view from the pool area is great.

So in summary, A gorgeous Villa with everything for next to nothing:...Simples!

If anyone has something, come on down!

Macka

Villa owners are not allowed to contact you through this forum

The best thing to do is to search for a Gulf Coast Villa in the Orlando Villas tab above.

There you will find a selection of villas for you to look through. You will be able to see which ones have your specific reqirements and inquire about availability or just send out a general inquiry.

There are lots of lovely homes to choose from.

Bernadette

Ahhh, thanks Bernadette, I wondered where the gulf coast Villa search had gone to. Should have known better really, been here long enough.[msnembarrased]

As Bernadette says do an enquiry from the Gulf Coast Villa search. As far as time to the beach is concerned it really only makes a few minutes difference in time providing you choose a villa within Rotonda Circle - I've timed it to settle an argument.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Florida Expert
    Good to see you are still "around " Macka

Yet another trip in the planning to glorious Florida [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Linda

Thanks Mo,

I've timed it too, was on the far east side of Rotunda, and trust me it's 5 miles to the other side. That's 5minutes at 60mph, 10 at 30 mph.

Hiya Linda, yes can't wait. Had a 2 year break from Florida and we're itchoing to get back.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Macka,

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: was on the far east side of Rotunda, and trust me it's 5 miles to the other side[/quote]When you say the far side of Rotonda do you mean the sub division Pine Valley?

I think the distance to the beaches is difficult as

1. There are a few on this stretch of coastline.

2. It is also dependent on which one you go too.

3. Which way you go and this I guess is where after 6 years of owning the shortcuts are second nature.

Depending on where you are planning to head one of the shortest routes is via Parade Circle.
    Speed can be an issue as some people do tend to speed...... I shall not name him, oh no would I name he that is so close to me [msnwink].

Have fun deciding, the gulf coast is so beautiful and so peaceful just a little piece of paradise.

Lynne

Hi Pookie I understand what you're saying, I know 10 or 20 minutes doesn't make much difference. If you have to get in your car at all, then it's a moot point. No we were on medallist. It's happened to me twice now, once in Kissimmee and once in Rotunda, where the vendor stated travelling times to beaches or Disney or whatever were inaccurate. I understand it, everyone says their Vila is "minutes from Disney". Well you could say Tampa is minutes from Disney couldn't you? 90 minutes.
    My point is, owners gain nothing from being inaccurate. I fell for it the first time in Florida because I was naive. The second time I'd been going to Florida for 25 years but still fell for it because I was naive about the area. It's not an issue for me now, if I can't see exactly where the villa is from the ad, I know to ask the question or more likely, I move on to the next ad that tells me exactly where the villa is located. Folk don't deliberately mislead, I know.

Anyway,sorry to go on, it's a bug-bear for me. If someone can get me a villa on the beach for £600 a week, I'll shut up.[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: If someone can get me a villa on the beach for £600 a week, I'll shut up[/quote]

If you can find me a villa on a beach for less than $100k to buy I will rent to you for £600 per week + taxes of course etc., etc. [msnwink]

Lynne

Done![msnsmile2]