Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Public Transport - IDrive to Disney?

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Public Transport - IDrive to Disney?

Does anyone know if there are ways to get from IDrive to Disney and vice versa using public transport?

Florida Chatterbox
    Hello

The Lynx bus network does go from I-Drive to Disney, but I don't think it will be a direct bus, ie you will have to change at least once. Maybe some other owners will have more information on this?

Are you staying at one of the hotels on I-Drive? If you are, I would suggest you check with your hotel because many of them do offer a Disney shuttle as part of their service (sorry, I do not know if you would have to pay for this as used or if it is free within the room charge).

Of course, there are always taxis which can drop you at the entrance to the various parks.

The I-Ride trolley runs the length of I-Drive and makes frequent stops. It is possible to buy a multi-day pass.

Why do you not rent your own car? Life will be much easier if you do not have to adhere to set timetables or stand around waiting for your pick-up. You will also be able to explore some of the less 'mainstream' attractions if you wish. Driving in Orlando is very easy and if you are uncertain about finding your way around all of the rental car companies offer sat-nav hire for a daily charge (if you have sat-nav here in the UK, you can also download the relevant information to your UK system and take that with you).

CLAIRE
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-572.aspx

Florida Expert
    Many years ago we stayed in a hotel and used the free shuttle. We found it quite restrictive but ok. On the days that we wanted to stay later than the last shuttle back we got a taxi. Since we started renting cars life is so much easier but when you are looking at cost you do also need to budget for the car parking

Thank you,

We stayed on IDrive in August and used the hotel shuttle, but the latest back from Disney was 10pm which meant we were having to leave before the fireworks

It wasnt a problem from universal as we used the free bus - operating from Universal to the other end of IDrive which was great - just had to phone and they'd be there within 10 minutes! Totally free as well which was a bonus, just the cost of a tip

I dont think im a confident enough driver to tackle the USA roads - im confused just using public transport when trying to keep track of lanes, turns, traffic lights etc.

Florida Expert
    Years ago we got a bus from Disney Ticket and Transportation centre to Seaworld, interesting journey with some of the locals...

So you could I-Ride it to Seaworld then get the Lynx from there.

Just looked up and it may well be the number 50, also stops at Downtown Disney
    http://www.golynx.com/assets/userfiles/routemaps/50.pdf

This was when I wan't confident of driving, got a car the year after and believe me driving is soooo much easier than the UK. Get a SatNav and there is no way you can get lost. The roads themselves are a pleasure to drive on in my opinion and you won't regret it....reconsider hiring a car.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
    Years ago we got a bus from Disney Ticket and Transportation centre to Seaworld, interesting journey with some of the locals...

So you could I-Ride it to Seaworld then get the Lynx from there.

Just looked up and it may well be the number 50, also stops at Downtown Disney
    http://www.golynx.com/assets/userfiles/routemaps/50.pdf

This was when I wan't confident of driving, got a car the year after and believe me driving is soooo much easier than the UK. Get a SatNav and there is no way you can get lost. The roads themselves are a pleasure to drive on in my opinion and you won't regret it....reconsider hiring a car.
    [/quote]

Thank you for the advice I'll look up the Lynx route for our next trip. I think i'd be fine on the motorway type roads, its the turns and traffic lights that confuse me when there are arrows pointing all over and some lanes going when others are staying still [msnscared] It would make life easier with a car thats for sure!