Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to hire or buy

Florida Junior

to hire or buy

hi all,
    we are booked again for june,this time 13 of us.(5 1st timers)we are going to a 6 bed villa in emerald island resort,kissimmee.(aoa) with a 15 seater van.
    1.to hire a child seat can be costly, would it be better to buy one at wallmart etc,or would there be one in the villa.
    2. how are the satnavs, are they reliable and easy to use,and would it be cheaper to buy one rather than hire from the car rental.
    so many questions yet again,any help appreciated and i'm sure my party will have me here with regular querys!!!!
    many thanks
    bob.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Have never had a hired Sat Nav so cant help you with that one.

Regarding the child seat do you need one from the airport. If so I would be tempted to take my own - not a fan of the hired ones. We have a booster seat at the villa as your owner may also have. If you have rented direct with the owner they will be able to tell you this.
    Christine

Super Moderator
    We have hired the sat nav from this site and would defnitely recommed it. The unit came with the address of our accommodation in North Carolina already keyed in so all we had to do was turn it on as we left the airport and we had no problems with it at all.

Most of our guests who need car seats take their own as the children are used to and familiar with them and they will be needed on the drive from the airport to the villa.

When our children were young we took our own car seat/booster seat with us, we had no problems at the airports etc but I don't know how much things have changed in that respect. We also took a buggy with us as well, again no probs at the airports.
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    Previously taken my own Tom Tom with me having downloaded the relevevant maps and its worked perfectly.

Florida Chatterbox
    Just came back today, and as for the boaster seats we bought ours from walmart. They were $13 plus tax and they are now here we us in the uk. As for satnav didnt have one as I like navigating the routes and getting lost, but yet again walmart had some good prices on them, saw a tom tom for about $60, check their website.

Most airlines allow either a child seat or a pushchair ( but not both!) in addition to any luggage allowance.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    Airlines allow both child seat and pushchair. We have been for the past 2 years with 4 kids 8,6,2,1 and have taken booster seats for the 2 older boys, a pushchair and car seat for the 2 year old and a pushchair and car seat for the 1 year old.

If you have young children then you can't really have one without the other. They need a car seat and a pushchair.

You should see our luggage trolleys with all that stuff!!!!! [msnoo]

The above was with BA and Virgin.
    Garry Pullan

Gold 5 Star Member
    When my children were smaller we took our own car seats.[msnsmile2]
    Paula

We also take car seat and buggy without any problems. Just make sure you wrap them in a sturdy plastic bag so as to avoid getting damaged or dirty whilst in transit.

Dave