Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Mount Dora

Florida Chatterbox

Mount Dora

Hi

We are holidaying in Orlando with my mum and I thought a trip to Mount Dora might be something she would like to do, it is one of those places that I have had on my 'to do' list for a while. Can anyone recommend any places to visit whilst we are there?

Thanks
    Julie

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Blue Spring is nice, manatees in the run up to the spring in the cooler months. Bok Tower is also nice really pretty carrilon and nice gardens.
    Lyn

Mount Dora, for us, is a nice stroll around different and interesting local shops in the main streets. There is also a nice walk out by the lake (can't remember it's name, sorry). There used to be a nice Mexican restaurant, which is unfortunately no more. There is also a railway journey you can take from there and I'm not sure if the Segway tours are still running around there (???).

For us part of the pleasure of Mount Dora is also the journey can be interesting and there are many different routes to take. Great opportunity to explore off of the beaten track.
    Euan

Also, there is a train ride available which takes a loop if I remember correctly.
    Regards, Mark

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
    Mount Dora, for us, is a nice stroll around different and interesting local shops in the main streets. There is also a nice walk out by the lake (can't remember it's name, sorry).

For us part of the pleasure of Mount Dora is also the journey can be interesting and there are many different routes to take. Great opportunity to explore off of the beaten track.
    [/quote]

I believe the lake is called Lake Dora [msnwink]

You are right about the journey, especially if you come from H27, it is very rural.

Shirley

Florida Savvy
    I think you will find that the train is no longer running!

My sister and BIL visited recently and were told the track needs repairing and there is no one to pay for it.....

Shame!

Its still a great place to visit and if you time it right they have some good antiques fairs

Florida Savvy

We visited Mount Dora for the first time in 2010 and really enjoyed our day spent there.

We found it really easy to park in the centre of town and visited the tourist information board (located in the centre of town) who were very helpful. We ended up dining in 'The Frosty Mug' (watch out as we found the cocktails pretty strong here!) followed by some shopping. You can walk to the lake from the town centre and they run regular boat trips. We then took a drive over to the park with the light-house and took the boardwalk around part of the lake.

I'm sure you will enjoy a trip to Mount Dora.