Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Margaret's trip part 3. Zoe's wedding

Florida Chatterbox

Margaret's trip part 3. Zoe's wedding

Have got a bit of time on my hands at the moment so thought I would tell you about the wedding.

Zoe and Andy had booked the ceremony to take place at the Disney Swan at 11.00am on Wednesday 22nd. As it was an early wedding we obviously had to be up early to get ready. We had a light breakfast before taking turns in the showers! It's surprising how quickly the time goes when your getting ready, the OH and son were both calling out to me to help them with their cuff links. I helped Zoe into her dress and arranged her veil and tiara, trying not to cry while I did it [msncry] She looked beautiful, I only wish my mum and dad had been alive to see her.

At just after 9.15 I left the villa to pick up Andy from his parents' villa, they didn't have room in their car to take him to the Swan so he was going with us. After a short drive we got to the Swan, parked the car and went to reception to wait for everyone else to arrive.

This was the first time I had been in a Disney hotel, it was decorated out beautifully for Christmas.

Andy's parents and other family arrived, then the wedding planner turned up and took us through to where we had to wait. It was getting close to 11.00 by then and we were ushered into the courtyard where the wedding was going to take place.

There were chairs laid out either side for both families although there was only me on the bride's side until David gave Zoe away. Kirsty was bridesmaid and Carl was bestman.
    Suddenly we were asked to stand as the music started playing and Kirsty walked down the aisle first followed by David and Zoe [msncry]. Now anyone who knows me know how easily I cry at things and this was no exception.

The service was beautifully conducted, at one point I could see Kirsty standing there with tears rolling down her face, that made me choke up even more. Zoe was very nervous and when it came to the point when she had to speak I could barely hear her. At last the officiator pronounced them husband and wife and invited them to kiss each other!!

The photographer then started getting everyone together for photos, we had also booked to have a dvd done of the wedding so that was being done at the same time. After the group photos it was time for Zoe and Andy to cut the cake and have a toast. The cake was delicious, I only had a small sip of the champagne because I was driving [msnwink].

Once all the photos had been taken it was time for Zoe and Andy to go in the limo to Andys' parents villa where we were going to carry on the party [msnsmile2]. Zoe said afterwards she felt like someone famous getting into the limo because of all the people looking at her!!

We all went back to get changed then onto Andy's parents for some eats and drinks. It was the best day of the holiday weather wise, sitting by the pool enjoying the sunshine!! We enjoyed chatting and getting to know Andy's family.

In the evening we went for a celebration meal at Timpanos chophouse, it was the first time any of us had been there before. Zoe and Andy had looked at the reviews for it before booking and had been confident that it would be a nice place to go. Sadly the food and service was not good, no-one wanted to make a big deal about it because it was a special night for them. We all said our goodbyes outside the restaurant and went home to bed after a long, emotional day.

That's about it for now, as I write this we are getting ready to go out to Perkins for our evening meal. OH has been ill with a dreadful hacking cough and I've got a rotten cold. I will do another post soon.

Hi Margaret and family
    It sounds like you all had a wonderful day. What a magical start to married life for Zoe and Andy.
    Hope you will add some photos
    Kx
    Karen Scott

sounds beautiful Margaret .... get well soon
    Wendy

Florida Expert
    Loving your trip reports Margaret.
    Hope you and hubby get better soon.
    Tracey

Margaret that sounds lovely, hope we get to see a photo eventually of the gorgeous wedding etc...
    shame your not feeling so good hope it soon passes
    love your trip report!!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes. We've only got 3 more full days left here so we're determined to make the most of it. As I'm writing this it's 5.30am and I've just woken up, I slept a whole lot better than I did the night before!!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Sounds great Margaret - sounds like it was a fantastic day!

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Sounds like it was an amazing day, loving your reports. Hope you are feeling better soon. When the rest of the family have seen the pictures I hope we will get to see some.
    Lyn

What an amazing day I bet you felt so proud when Zoe walked down the aisle
    Carol

Florida Expert
    Sounds like a great day sorry hubbies not well, Bob got a cold while we were there but lots going around, hope he's feeling better x