Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Sandra's trip report 5

Sandra's trip report 5

Well almost a week has gone by since I did my last report so thought I had better make an effort even though it’s 1230am!![zzz]

On Friday, after doing bits and bobs around the villa decided to go for a stroll round Magic Kingdom. Was surprised how busy it was. We sat and had a coffee and cake and watched the world go by. I love people watching.

Saturday was a busy day as we had to collect the rest of our pool furniture that had been for re-stuffing at Palm Casuals. We then went on to Florida Mall as I had a list of Abercrombie & Fitch requests from my daughter-in-law. Walking in that store was not very pleasant when you have labrynthitis I can tell you. It is so dark and the music blasting and I had to look down to see where I was going which did not help my dizziness. The assistant who asked could she help me was useless[stupid1] and eventually suggested I go to the desk. There was a queue of people with purchases so by now I was very frustrated, but eventually managed to get one item only from the list of requests. We then went into Macy’s who had an amazing sale going on so had to buy a couple of things whether I needed them or not. After a cappucino at Starbucks, we made our way to some OV friends - who shall remain nameless - where we had the most amazing array of curries which were all homemade. Absolutely wonderful, thank you - you know who you are!!! [high5] We got back at 1.30am so a quick glance at the laptop and to bed.

Sunday morning was spent relaxing by the pool although the weather was beginning to get a little chilly. Fortunately we are south facing so managed 3/4 hours reading before deciding to go to Posner Park to buy a heater. Yes, a heater, it was that cold and although we can turn the A/c on to heat the villa up, it seems to wasteful when there are only 2 of us rambling round. Back home with the heater on and snuggled up to watch TV for the evening. Just settled down and our friends phoned to ask had we eaten supper and as we hadn’t, they invited us to their house where we had a lovely chicken alfredo with cheesy texas toast. Yummy.[clap]

I spent most of Monday morning with various contractors and our Community Managers getting the Xmas lights at our entrance sorted out and getting ready for our Homeowners Meeting on Tuesday. Tuesday of course I was tied up with the business of the HOA so lost that day somehow.

Wednesday dawned and because it was coolish we decided to go to Magic Kingdom again so dressed up with some warm clothes and off we went. It was still quite busy with long waiting times for certain rides but we enjoyed the fresh air and then made our way to Celebration to see the snow. It was very quiet and they now have a small skating rink in the street which is a new addition - or at least we have never seen it before. After stuffing ourselves at the Town Tavern with one of their wonderful burgers (the first one I have had in 9 weeks here) we wandered around again and then wound our way back to the villa.

At last I have managed to speak with one of my Doctors in UK as the treatment I have had here has not worked one iota. I was concerned about flying next week and the US doctor wanted to come and visit me again and try different pills etc. Money, money, money. All I wanted was reassurance my brain would not burst on the plane so eventually I called the US doctor back and thanked him for his concern, but no thanks!!! [msneek]

Spent today at the villa doing lots of last minute bits and bobs before we pack up to leave next week. Obviously done too much as I am so giddy and must learn not to look down!! With that said, I will sign off for tonight ....well..this morning actually.[zzz]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another great trip report Sandra, thanks for posting

I am just about used to going in to the Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister shops now, after lots of visits there with my kids. Those places are deffinatly for the young, why they have to be so dark I'll never know lol

Enjoy the rest of your stay, hope it doesn't pass to quickly.
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't often think of chilly and Florida in the same sentence Sandra, but as I don't even want to leave the house here at the moment..I still know from your trip report, that wrapping up warm and going to a Disney park is definately what I would rather being doing[msnwink]
    Hope your journey home is uneventful, enjoy your last few days..and have a lovely Christmas[xmas2]

Florida Expert
    Enjoying your reports, making me think about what I should be packing for our trip next Tuesday

really enjoying this Sandra, shame about your ears playing up... im sure its some kind of virus cos many people have got that type of thing near me....
    thanks so far and enjoy the rest of your trip xxx
    Liesa

I would pack a few things to keep you warm as we are going to have very cool evenings next week and extremely chilly days judging from the 7 day forecast. Better to be prepared and hopefully you won't need them.[msncool]

I suffered with something very much like you when we went to FL in 1997 and I ended up in hospital, I felt really sick and couldn't look at the ground because it felt like it was spinning and I ended up passing out, lots of symptoms like yours and it ended up being a balance disorder because my ears hadn't popped properly on the plane going over there. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon.
    Wendy

Thank you for your good wishes. This started 20 years ago with a very bad bout caused by the menigitis virus and I was in bed for 3 weeks. Dr. wanted me in hospital but hubby said he would look after me....well I'm still here.

I don't think it was anything to do with being on a plane as I came over in September. It is definitely labrinthitis so I guess I will have to live with it when it decides to rear its ugly head. Just wish it would go away!!!

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Hope you're feeling better soon Sandra

great reports, wishing you a comfortable journey home! Enjoy your last few days

Florida Savvy
    I enjoyed reading your TR and hope you are feeling better. We are headed down for xmas and I praying it will warm up a bit. I am starting to get my clothes together for the cool weather. I hate the thought of not being able to use the pool due to the weather. It is a highlight for me. We leave on the 20th so you never know.I can remember when FL was warm in Dec..