Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: New Alamo Car Types including Ford Mustang rental

Administrator

New Alamo Car Types including Ford Mustang rental

Alamo have announced their new fleet line-up for 2011 / 2012. Many have not changed, but notably they will typically be offering the Ford Mustang as their convertible, which is good news for a lot of customers.

As ever, we have to qualify this by adding 'or similar' as none of the car rental companies will ever 100% guarantee a make and model within the category. Also as usual, although these are typical for most locations, some locations may vary the fleet slightly.

Current through to end of March 2011

Economy: Chevrolet Aveo
    Compact: Nissan Versa
    Intermediate: Pontiac G5
    Mid Size / Intermediate SUV: Ford Escape, 5 seats
    Full Size 2 Door: Pontiac G6
    Full Size 4 Door: Chevrolet Impala
    7 Seater SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe, 7 seats
    Premium: Buick LaCrosse
    Luxury: Cadillac DTS
    Convertible: Chrysler Sebring
    7 Seater Minivan: Dodge Caravan
    Standard SUV: Chevrolet Equinox, 5 seats
    8 Seater Minivan: Toyota Sienna
    12 / 15 Seater: Chevrolet Express

[u]April 2011 onwards</u>

Economy: Chevrolet Aveo
    Compact: Nissan Versa
    Intermediate: Toyota Corolla
    Mid Size / Intermediate SUV: Ford Escape, 5 seats
    Full Size 2 Door: Ford Fusion
    Full Size 4 Door: Chevrolet Impala
    7 Seater SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe, 7 seats
    Premium: Buick Regal
    Luxury: Cadillac DTS
    Convertible: Ford Mustang
    7 Seater Minivan: Dodge Caravan
    Standard SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5 seats
    8 Seater Minivan: Toyota Sienna
    12 / 15 Seater: Chevrolet Express

Gold 5 Star Member
    I may be in the minority here but I actually much prefer the Sebring over the Mustang. Neither are particularly exciting drives but the Sebring seems more roomy and comfortable. For me, the latest Mustang has a bit of a Boy Racer look about it.

That said, as long as I don't get palmed off with a PT Cruiser, I'm reasonably contented.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    I may be in the minority here but I actually much prefer the Sebring over the Mustang. Neither are particularly exciting drives but the Sebring seems more roomy and comfortable. For me, the latest Mustang has a bit of a Boy Racer look about it.

That said, as long as I don't get palmed off with a PT Cruiser, I'm reasonably contented.[/quote]I'm in the same minority as you[msnwink] although recently we've been hiring the 7 seater SUV, I really like the Tahoe so I'm pleased they've not changed it for something else.
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    We own a Sebring after renting one...I love the car..it is very roomy and takes a lot of cases with the roof up
    I hate the PT Cruiser too...

Administrator
    Charlotte and Josh have a Ford Mustang. The latest model is really nice and looks like a classic muscle car. It's not everyone's ideal car, but we do find a lot of people are very keen to get a Mustang over the other options.

It sits 4 people fairly comfortably, but there is no room for a 5th person. The standard model has a 6 cylinder, 4 litre engine and cruises nicely with a very low engine speed.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    Charlotte and Josh have a Ford Mustang. The latest model is really nice and looks like a classic muscle car. It's not everyone's ideal car, but we do find a lot of people are very keen to get a Mustang over the other options.

It sits 4 people fairly comfortably, but there is no room for a 5th person. The standard model has a 6 cylinder, 4 litre engine and cruises nicely with a very low engine speed.

[/quote]

I rented a Mustang a couple of months ago and I found it more of a 'no go showboat' than a muscle car but I can understand why renters buy into the myth.

The much maligned 4.0 litre engine has gone now and the late 2010/2011 model has a 3.7 V6 which they claim gives better performance and fuel consumption.

Florida Newbie
    Looked on the Chrysler web site and the Sebring ends production this year! it's being replaced by the Chrysler 200, but no sign of a convertible. I think the mustang is a nicer car to drive!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CORVETTE
    Looked on the Chrysler web site and the Sebring ends production this year! it's being replaced by the Chrysler 200, but no sign of a convertible. I think the mustang is a nicer car to drive!
    [/quote]

I see on the Chrysler website that there is a convertible after all but I'm not sure if it's available yet. It looks like it's just an updated Sebring with a new name to me.

Has anybody seen one for rental or knows if it's going to be available?

Florida Newbie
    Hi Everyone,

I am 21 years old and me and my girlfriend are going to Florida in May only for a week mainly to Drive down to Miami for 2 days and see Nickelback in concert! I will have had my driving license for 9 months (I have found out there is no minimum time you need your license for to hire a car), we are going to Sanford airport and really want to hire a convertible Mustang (My dream car!) like all car hire places I know they cannot guarantee a specific model, but seeing this new list of cars for Alamo has made me more excited! Is there anybody who could give me an idea of my chances of getting a Mustang at Sanford airport from May 3rd to 10th?

Thanks in advance!