Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sat Nav versus directions

Florida Chatterbox

Sat Nav versus directions

Hi all, just 12 days to go before we fly and I have another question. We have hired a Sat Nav (from this site of course) to help us find our way round, especially on our journey from the airport to the villa. We have received driving directions from the owners of the villa we have hired, are they likely to be the same as the directions the Sat Nav would give us? Silly question [msnembarrased]
    Margaret

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Hard to say really-the satnav should take you the shortest route whereas the owner will probably give you the most straightforward-i'd stay with the satnav though mainly for getting home from places-either way enjoy every minute

Florida Chatterbox
    Sat Nav every time in my opinion.

Have done the journey quite a few times and just being able to sit back and take everything in is far better than having to watch every sign and get nervous about lane changing etc..

Have a great time!
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    I would say sat nav

I would also recommend using a sat nav. It really cuts out the stress of taking the wrong turning and also minimizes any family arguments over directions LOL[msnsmile]

Dawn

Depends on the directions, I would say. [msnwink] Our directions, for example, include detailed instructions, photos as well as maps to make sure our guests feel comfortable about where they are, and whilst Sat Nav is brilliant and absolutely invaluable, it may not take you the quickest or easiest way based on local knowledge.

Why not check which route the SAT NAV is showing and see if it marries with the directions you have been given and then see if there is anything different. If not, then use the SAT NAV.

Hope you have a great trip![msnwink]
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Please don't shoot me,[msnwink]
    I am sorry to say I disagree with you all, but only if it is your first time driving or you are a nervous driver. We give guests directions to our home using a quiet toll road, this is also the easiest and quickest route IMHO. We have never lost a guest yet.
    A sat nav will most probably take you via the I4 from the airport. After a long flight, I don't think this road is one to tackle when you could be tired.

A sat nav is a great help when you are out and about around Orlando.
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Yes but a first time nervous driver doesn't want to be processing written directions. You can set a satnav to take you any direction you wish.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynne S
    Please don't shoot me,[msnwink]
    I am sorry to say I disagree with you all, but only if it is your first time driving or you are a nervous driver. We give guests directions to our home using a quiet toll road, this is also the easiest and quickest route IMHO. We have never lost a guest yet.
    A sat nav will most probably take you via the I4 from the airport. After a long flight, I don't think this road is one to tackle when you could be tired.

A sat nav is a great help when you are out and about around Orlando.

[/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't think a first time guest would know what roads were busy or quiet when planning a route using a sat nav, they would just drive with what route it came up with.
    As I said this is just my opinion, I think a sat nav is great for any other location.

Our directions also have photos and only have 3 turns before you arrive at the resort. So are very, very easy. Even a child could read them and not get lost. I have even included the correct toll money with a few guests who were really worried about driving.
    [msnwink]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

We do the same as Lynne and Ellie and give our guests the easiest route, although it isn't the shortest or the quickest and probably isn't the route the sat nav would give. However, we do feel it is by far the easiest route for first time drivers. It does use a toll road (we send the cash for this with our information pack) but as the road is so quiet, it's easy for guests to navigate. After that we tell them to use their sat nav for everything.

Margaret, why not ask your villa owner for their opinion and see what they think? They may be able to offer a little more advice based on the route they have given you.
    Sarah