Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather Now

Florida Newbie

Weather Now

Can anyone shed some light on the weather at the moment in Orlando? I am due to fly out from Gatwick on Boxing Day (21days & 16 hrs) and having never been this time of year I am wondering what to expect. Being that UK has has some unusual weather, just wondering what to pack to wear[xmas1].

Thanks
    JO

Administrator
    It's pretty warm today, then we've got a few cooler days ahead (in the 60's). It's forcast to go hot again by Friday next week. Late evenings and very early morning can get chilly so have something warm for those times and the odd cooler spell that we can sometimes get this time of year. In general once the sun comes up it warms up very quickly.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    It's pretty warm today, then we've got a few cooler days ahead (in the 60's). It's forcast to go hot again by Friday next week. Late evenings and very early morning can get chilly so have something warm for those times and the odd cooler spell that we can sometimes get this time of year. In general once the sun comes up it warms up very quickly.
    [/quote]

Hope you're right Roger, , all being well we should arrive next Thursday so Friday will suit us just fine, thank you
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    I usually look up the 10 day or 7 day forecast via Google for Kissimmee before we fly, then pack accordingly. I have experienced really chilly weather (last Thanksgiving) and sat on the beach over Christmas hols (2008) so it can really vary! We always tell guests to pack lightweight fleeces etc as even the aircon in restaurants can be blasting out whatever the outside temp. One advantage of staying in a villa is having a laundry room to wash jeans/sweatshirts worn to travel in and wear again if it turns chilly. Got to be better than here whatever the weather! Have a great trip!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Whatever the weather it has to be better than the snow and -0 temperatures we've had here for the last week or so [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DisneyPrincess
    Whatever the weather it has to be better than the snow and -0 temperatures we've had here for the last week or so [msnsmile]
    [/quote]
    Cor - ain't that the truth! I was laughing at Roger's mention of a few cooler days ahead ... down in the 60s. I know where I'd rather be!
    Steve

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    When we were there last January there were several days with frost in the morning but this soon cleared. Although the Floridians were in there jeans and jackets we were in shorts & T shirts for all than about 2 days. At the moment I know were I would rather be.
    Lyn

You would not be in shorts and tee shirts this week.[msnsad] Central heating on, 2 fleeces, fleece leg warmers+++ Sheets covering the plants last night and again tonight..brrrh. [msnoo] Goodness knows what I will do next week when I get back to UK after having wonderful hot sunshine for weeks and weeks. [msncool]Hopefully the cold weather will soon be over and done with and not return in January when we return to Florida again.

Not complaining though, the sky is blue and the sun has been shining even with less heat in it[clap]

Sandra

Florida Newbie

"Thank you" all for comments, I agree being in Florida has got to be better than being cold in dreary UK. Cook22uk, I will certainly be googling before we pack![msnwink]

Jo

You always feel cooler after a few days in FLORIDA as you do coming back here in the UK you feel colder when been in FLORIDA if you know what I mean we were there Decrember to February last year and we had some changable days we could not go in the pool as the air temp was so cold when you got out of the pool as there was air frost and they sprayed the orange trees so they would not freezeand crack the oranges , The fleese jackets are so cheap in FLORIDA so buy there and not get your case weight high or you will have to pay for extra weight with some airlines.
    Enjoy your vacation and the sun.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx