Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather Now

Florida Expert
    Over the last couple of days they have had a cold spell. The wind has been chilly as well. My parents were at Busch Gardens one day and they said is was cold. They were also cold when they went to Seaworld one afternoon/evening to watch some of the christmas shows.

The sun does come out, but its not as warm as the week before when it was in the 80's.

Our MC said they had to s[bad language filtered out]e frost off their car a couple of mornings this week. (obviously not as cold as it has been here in the UK).

I think you need to take a couple of trousers and some jumpers especially for the night time.

Gold 5 Star Member
    it was colder than MA for a few days..a friend of my sons is doing a day to day blog of living in Orlando..and he was moaning big time about the cold..I like the cold days in FL..I can wear my fur boots and not look silly..

When we left last Year early in the morning it looked like it had been snowing the frost was so think it was lovely..

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you haven't been before in late Dec and Jan you should not be surprised if it is quite cold.

Early morning frosts are not uncommon so you really need to prepare with warm clothing.

Even on the days when it gets to 70F in the afternoon can be cold evenings and mornings.

Florida Chatterbox
    Low of -4 today with a high of 7. Seriously cold.

Incredible variation in the weather in Orlando - it was 26 when we were there 4 weeks ago.

Just back in UK,
    Weather in Florida ( H27/192) was unusually cold with a couple of frosts. Heating came on for the first time.
    However, it usually gets up to the low 70's in the pm, but of course when the sun sets (very quickly BTW) its chilly again.

We always take a warm jumper and or a heavy shirt, just in case; and it came in usefully

BUT there is 99% chance that the sky is Blue!

Fortunately we missed all the snow, although the freezing ice and icicles brought down some guttering on our conservatory!

I think the last time we had such an earlier snow problem was in 1993!
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

It's not getting into the 70's any day soon - it's really really cold even in the sun. Some of the large stores, Home Depot and Lowes have run out of electric heaters!!!

Going to be below freezing again tonight brrrrr.

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    We were in Florida 12-27th Feb this year and saw frost on quite a few mornings and it was actually cold some days. We braved it with tshirts and shorts some days but others we were walking round the parks in jeans and fleeces. We were surprised!

Going back 27th March - 13th April and praying for better weather.
    Garry Pullan

It was in the 20's when I got up this morning. There is no way anyone here is in shorts at the moment! It is quite amusing though as in the Mall it looked like UK with everyone in woollie hats, gloves, scarves and coats. Have to admit to going any buying a few more fleeces. $5 in Old Navy. Fantastic!!

Sandra

Just saw on the news it was -2 in Orlando yesterday .... it was warmer in Gosport than in Florida ... go figure ....would still much rather be there though [msnsmile2]
    Wendy

From WCTV:

Dozens of helicopters are whirring above Florida's valuable and sensitive veggie crops, an unusual approach by farmers worried an uncommon freeze could wipe out their harvests.

The choppers hover low over green bean and sweet corn fields in
    the early morning hours to push warmer air closer to the plants --
    and, the farmers hope, save the plants from a deadly frost.

I've never heard of this approach before, hard to imagine it works! We're flying out on Saturday, really hope it warms up.
    Tonish