Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandra's trip report 4

Sandra's trip report 4

Sorry for the absence of my reports but still got labrynthitis and it got progressively worse. I tried phoning my GP in UK as obviously he knows my history and I have done this a few times during the past years with no bother. However, I managed to get the rotweiller receptionist who was very protective of her ‘master’. Once I had told her I was not happy with her ‘advice’ and asked for her name, she became a little more responsive and asked me to call back in one hour. I did, and was greeted by another rotweiller!! In the end I gave up.[msncry]

I have been able to get out and about but only for short periods of time. We have been lucky enough to have met some new owners on WWB who came round a couple of times, and we visited an OV owner on Lindfields last Sunday and came away laden with oranges, grapefruits and the biggest lemons I have ever seen. Also indulged in a lovely big piece of homemade chocolate gateaux!! Scrummy!! You know who you are but I won’t let your secret out...... On the way back from there, we stopped at Applebee’s at Berry Town Centre. I have to say I had the worst meal in the 8 weeks of being here. I had to call the Manager as the broccoli had not even been immersed in boiling water let alone cooked, and the sirloin steak was a load of fat and grissle. I was so looking forward to it as well as recently have had a few decent meals there. Will give it a miss for a bit methinks.[msnmad]

Spent a very quiet Monday and Tuesday sat around the pool, and yesterday decided I felt a bit better so thought we would go to one of the parks for a couple of hours. As I got up to go and get ready, I felt so ill that Alan decided to call our Insurance Company in UK. They sent a Doctor to the villa where he confirmed my diagnosis and gave me some pills and some head exercises that I have to do. It needs 2 people so Alan has had to be chief physio and hold my extremely heavy head over the edge of the bed. The doctor was at the villa 100 minutes...wow...extremely good service and wanted to take some cards about the villa to send to his family as he loved our home!!! May have been worthwhile feeling ill if I get a couple of bookings! Unfortunately, roller coaster rides are now banned for life. As I am past mid sixties, it is probably for the best but will be hard for me to control when I visit the parks.[msneek]

Today, I feel tons better, but had a quiet day by the pool. We just walked both phases of the community with my new Sketchers step ups, [sporty][sporty]and off to have a shower before we go to Thai Thani on I-Drive for supper with some friends.[clap]

Hope to do a few parks during the next week so will continue with part 5 when I can.[msncool]

Sandra

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Glad to hear you got some pills and can start to enjoy your holiday Sandra [msnsmile]

The guests in our villa before we were there also had a bad meal at Berry Town Centre Applebees - something must be wrong there [msnsad]
    Frances

Awww sorry you had that Sandra, think i mentioned in my previous post my hubby Steve just got over that and my daughter is still suffering from it, she also has a hole in that ear drum that was patched up some years ago and shes been in agony.. and the dizzyness/giddyness was awful... but shes on the mend now thanks to the right medication kicking in...
    hopefully you'll soon be joining all the fun of the trip xxxxx
    Liesa

Sorry to hear you've been suffering Sandra, hopefully you can make it to ours on Saturday, but don't worry if you don't feel well enoguh.

Hope you're back to normal soon
    x
    Sarah

Will definitely be well enough Sarah[msnwink][msnwink]

Sandra

Take care Sandra and hope you feel better soon.
    Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    Glad to hear the pills seem to be working and you are feeling much better.

Enjoy your walking with your new Sketchers.[msnsmile][msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Best wishes Sandra, my mum suffered terribly with that illness for a few years..but thankfully has been free of it the last 30 years[msnsmile2] I adore my sketchers and hope you get the same pleasure out of them that I do...would confess to not losing or toning much..but they are so comfortable I don't care [msnwink] Bought 2 pairs whilst in Orlando now...may well go for another pair on the next trip!!

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Hope you are feeling much better soon. We went to Applebees on the 192 while we were there, the steak was fine but I agree about the veg, I like mine crunchy but could not even get my fork in they were so hard.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    Sorry to hear you are so ill, nothing worse whether at home or abroad - sounds like you had good medical service which is reassuring. Interesting to hear so many buying Sketchers as there are a few brands now - think Reebok bought some out too.