Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: villa bookings

Florida Savvy

villa bookings

hi i have recently inquired about two villas in rotonda west but as yet had no reply back i also inquired about a villa in kissimmee which the owner has replied and i have booked their villa do all owners reply if so how long do i have to wait i sent my inquiries at least 4/5 days ago

Many Thanks Poolman

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Mark,

Most of the owners that I know and talk to regularly would aim to be getting back to you within 24 hours at worst but more usually within a matter of hours. I can only speak for myself here but if I spot an email arrive about the villa I usually try to get back to it straight away.

That said, there are some rules to advertising on Orlando Villas that require owners not to send replies to enquiries that are not specific to their villa if they cannot accomodate the dates requested. It doesn't sound like it, but if your enquiries to the villas in Rotunda were general instead of specific enquiries that could be why the owners haven't got back to you.

There are also the vagaries of the email system in general to contend with, in that email isn't a guaranteed delivery mechanism. We often discuss problems getting emails to accounts provided by the big free email services (Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc.) with AOL being probably the biggest offender.

I'm sure the site owners would be interested to track down exactly what's happened with your enquiries. If you could email the details to info@orlandovillas.com I'm sure John and/or Roger will take a look in to what's happened.
    Steve

Florida Expert
    Mark,

I replied to your enquiry on 28th November, I shall send you a copy now.

Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Have youu checked your spam/junk mail folder?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Biggest problem for me as a villa owner is the Spam filters and junk mail filters.
    I can send the same email from two different accounts (my villa account and my personal account) and one will go through and another won't. Yahoo is by far the worst !
    Steve

Florida Savvy
    Thanks for your replies found one reply in my junk mail still waiting for dragonfly villa ref 2248 can they contact me soon please

Mark

I have received your enquiry this morning and have replied.

Bernadette

Steve can you tell me if you supect e-mail are getting to you what can we do .
    Looked at spam and nothing in there nothing in juck were what other thing can you do we are with YAHOO as i see you said they are the worst.
    Sent Rosie a e-mail and she sent me some information twice and never got them so we are a bit worred this may be the problem .
    Please advise in layman terms as no into this in a big way.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

We owners also have problems - several replies that I have sent to enquiries recently have come back as undeliverable. Could I ask potential guests to please check that they have put the correct address on their emails or that they do not have filters on their mailboxes that prevent emails arriving. This often happens with yahoo and gmail addresses.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    This is a problem we all face.

We switched to a MAC Xmas 2009, (which I love) but I no longer the option of a read request receipt; I know many hate the receipt request but it does help in this situation, especially as we are not allowed to follow up OV inquiries.

Any ideas to solve this one gratefully received,

Lynne