Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Whos got snow?

we well and truly have snow this morning ..... woke up to about 4/5 inches of the white stuff ...[msnscared]
    Wendy

Liesa

Florida Savvy
    Well it really is the Isle of WHITE here today!!

The island is pretty much at a standstill and we are being asked not to go out unless its necessary.....

Twice in one year - its unheard of here [msneek]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by No Shoes
    Well it really is the Isle of WHITE here today!!

The island is pretty much at a standstill and we are being asked not to go out unless its necessary.....

Twice in one year - its unheard of here [msneek]
    [/quote]

Overnight 4" fell in Bournemouth last night and can confim Roxanne you really are the Isle of White!

Mo
    Maureen Green

Super Moderator
    We were supposed to be test driving 3 cars today: the Toyota garage still went ahead and we drove the car at 9.30 this morning and it did handle well considering our council is making sure it has enough grit to last the winter by not using any of it so the roads are in a bad way[msnmad]. The Ford garage the salesman was happy to go ahead but he said his manager had called off test drives (this was for the afternoon so conditions might have improved) as he deemed it too dangerous however, the salesman thought he was more worried about getting the cars hit and the Volkswagon garage has not rung back to arrange a time. It does make you wonder how reliable some garages really think their cars are in all conditions!

We did have more snow overnight and it is yet to stop today.

Spoke to Robert yesterday evening as I had heard it was bad in Sheffield and he said round the corner from him someone has built an igloo on the pavement which is causing some amusement.

Florida Expert
    Life nearly at a standstill in north east (nr Middlesbrough). Schools, colleges closed (why is it teachers can't get to work??). Airport closed, roads gritted but making little difference. Sun is out at the moment so it is very pretty but soooo cold. It has been a week now. Will have to venture out for provisions today.
    Still get a chance to put on a film, get a bottle out and wrap presents later.

We live just south of Gatwick, and it has not really stopped for the last 48 hours. We are now up to 18ins in the garden and it is still coming down albeit a lot slower now.

I haven't seen snow like this is this part of the country for many many years.

SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!
    Graham

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by GrahamC
    We live just south of Gatwick, and it has not really stopped for the last 48 hours. We are now up to 18ins in the garden and it is still coming down albeit a lot slower now.

I haven't seen snow like this is this part of the country for many many years.

SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!
    [/quote]

Im In Brighton Graham... i kept hearing how bad thngs were on the way to gatwick yesterday we were getting 'reports' all day... hicksted and burgess hill... ditchling and it got us late yesteday afternoon... i feel bored of it now..lol i like snow but it can go now thankyou very much... mind you makes a nicer change i feel then the miserable rain which would probably be having...
    get some pics on Graham.... please
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    No snow here in New England..its been so warm I've only had the fires on the odd day..not even started on the wood yet only need a fire to look nice not to keep warm...when or if the snow does come it never really stops us doing anything...the roads are clear by 3 in the morning..I had a small sports car and it would have to be a good few ft of snow for me to not get out the road..
    Nice to see someone else's snow..anyone want to borrow a snow blower...

Liesa Anna love you photos, looks like you've had more than your fair share. Again we have had a mini blizard but not much else, hard frost now.