Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandra's trip report 3

Sandra's trip report 3

Wednesday 24th November began with the contractor who was coming to give our newly extended pool deck its final coat of paint so no lying by the pool with my book today. We decided we would get the Xmas tree out of it’s brand new box and go from there. My friend then phoned to say she had some spare Xmas Decoration and to bring the car round. Imagine hubby’s horror when I got back with not only baubles and bows, but a huge outdoor snowman, and 2 reindeer!!! From the look on his face I thought I had better offer to help him erect these creatures. After an hour or so, we had completed the outside of the villa and the big switch on was looming. Thank goodness everything worked but by now hubby had the bug so we ended up having more decorations than we have ever had outside!!! I ended up with a bad migraine and spent the afternoon in bed in the dark.

Well, Thanksgiving Day is here but what is wrong? I turned over in bed and the whole room was spinning and I was falling with it. Oh no, it seemed as though my old condition of labrynthitis had decided to rear it’s ugly head. I got up but felt so sick and ill that I quickly returned to bed. We were going to our MC’s for Thanksgiving Dinner and we were providing the starter but fortunately hubby does all the cooking so no worries on that score.

By 2.00pm I felt a bit better so had a shower, got dressed up and off we went. There were 8 of us for dinner and although I only had an extremely small portion for me, I really enjoyed it. By now I was beginning to feel very hot and bothered so quietly slipped back home which is only a few doors away. I lay down for an hour and cooled off before returning just in time for the desert. I managed to eat half of it and decided that I had better not eat any more. We sat outside and it was a wonderful temperature so I was very comfortable and began to feel much better especially when the chocolates appeared!! As our MC’s were going to trail round their owners houses to put trash carts out, we all left just before 1000pm completely full and exhausted.

Unfortunately my migraine returned at 2.30am in the morning so got no sleep until hubby got up at 7.30am. Eventually I got up and just did a few e-mails and lay quietly on our deck even though it was not sunny, it was very refreshing for me especially as everytime I turned my head, the world spins round.[msnscared]

We had some guests arriving during the afternoon who we had not met before and belong to another forum although apparently used to belong to OV, so we had a good exchange of banter. When they left we went to our MC’s for a quick coffee and then home for a quiet evening of TV.

My head is still whirling round this morning but we are going to go for a stroll round Posner Park. If I don’t look down, hopefully I will be okay. I just wish I could feel better!![msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh poor you, glad to read you managed to enjoy some of Thanksgiving day.

Hope you start to feel better soon Sandra [grouphug]

Really enjoying your trip reports
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

REally feel for you Sandra- my Hubby once had 5 migraines over4 days- in the end, we cut out the ginger biscuits that had been making him feel better- result! Never touches ginger now- and never has..........nope not tempting providence.
    Nothing worse in the heat Stay in bed longer and sleep it off.

Oh dear, you poor thing, it must be awful. I have only once ever had a horrendous headache and it lasted 3 weeks!! Completely spoiled hubby's 60th birthday party. The doctor was about ready to have me admitted to hospital for a scan when just as suddenly as it arrived - it disappeared. Our Minister had come the evening before and asked me if I wanted him to pray for me - I really could not have cared less what he did I felt so awful - but next morning my headache has disappeared. Now I have never really believed in that, but I am not sure now.

I left you a message on your cell this morning about tomorrow which is fine with us. The address is 8621 Cavendish Drive, look forward to seeing you both.

Andrena

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Oh dear Sandra - I had labrynthitis a few years ago, most unpleasant, I was away for the weekend at a frends house in Wales and had to drive home with my head very still and avoiding loking down and sudden movements! I just had a stroll at Posner Park - might have passed you and never knew!
    Frances

Gold 5 Star Member
    oh My mum suffered with that..was bad for years and migranes..Cheese was her trigger if memory serves? Glad you could celebrate Thanks giving sandra. Now, the decorations sound fantastic..any photos for us?[msnwink]
    A Florida home, warm, and outside decorations..perfect!

loving it but sorry to hear your not well.. have had it beofre and hubby had it a fortnight ago.... xx
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Hope you r now feeling better

Still getting frequent dizzy spells and nausea hence a gap in trip reports. Normal service to be restored between dizzy spells hopefully[msnwink]

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Hope you are feeling a bit better Sandra.