Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: alamo v dollar

Florida Expert

alamo v dollar

Just looking at booking a mid size suv, Dollar £328 V Alamo £347 both on silver, so I know we will have to pay for fuel, question is will Dollar be more than the £19 more expensive on fuel, I know Alamo are more reasonable on fuel, but not used Dollar for a while, another thing would be a choice of suv on Alamo, does anyone know what each are running as mid suv at the moment. Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
    Just looking at booking a mid size suv, Dollar £328 V Alamo £347 both on silver, so I know we will have to pay for fuel, question is will Dollar be more than the £19 more expensive on fuel, I know Alamo are more reasonable on fuel, but not used Dollar for a while, another thing would be a choice of suv on Alamo, does anyone know what each are running as mid suv at the moment. Thanks
    [/quote]

Can't comment on fuel as I generally take the Gold option.

When I went to pick up my Mid-Size SUV with Alamo earlier this month there was a choice between Ford Escape and a Hyundai (about 8 cars to choose from). There was also a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (which I thought was full size). I checked them all and went with the one that has the least miles on the clock which was the Jeep.

I was looking for a Rav 4 but I think its a matter of what they have in when you get there.

I have used both Dollar and Alamo. I also cannot tell you about fuel costs. My experience with both car hire companies regarding cars very little difference.

Alamo you may have more choice of cars, our choices were Ford, Hyundai and Kia, Where as with Dollar earlier this month I only had the choice of Jeep,in variuos sizes. I went for a Jeep Patriot with 8,000 miles on the clock and in immaculate condition.

Very pleased with the service at Dollar and also with Alamo earlier this year.I guess its down to personal choice? [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Florida Chatterbox
    woukd go with alamo everytime now... the choice of vehicle makes the difference Gwen

Florida Expert
    Yes, thats what we have booked, silver Alamo

Florida Expert
    From MCO Dollar seem to be using smaller Jeeps like Patriot and Ford Escapes in the Midsize SUV class. We got a very nice Escape...just 4000 miles and the rear carpets looked brand new. Nice high roof so you can get three good sized suitcases in the rear compartment without any seat alteration plus three hefty cabin bags etc. The engine was a little noisy but the ride was nice and it suited us well for the eighteen days we had it. [msnsmile]
    Kevin