Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: During the planning process, when to book?

Florida Newbie

During the planning process, when to book?

Hello All:
    My family (5 people)intends to visit Disney/Florida for about 10 days in May. AirCanada will usually offer a seat sale a bit closer to the date so I don't know the exact days of travel. Currently looking at May3rd-13th, but that block of time could shift by a few days.
    I'm guessing I will need to book my flight before I can start investigating villas? By that I mean actually contacting owners. Would you say that is the best way to go? My concern is that my first choice in villas may get booked by the time I book my flight.
    Thanks for any replies.
    Mit

we always book the villas first.... flights often come up with sales through the year and car hire we wait until about 2 months before...
    Liesa

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    It would be worth putting out a general enquiry on the web sites above to see what is available and then you have plenty of time to sort through the villas at your leisure. State that your dates are not yet confirmed and at least you will get an idea of what you are looking for. If you find something you really love contact the owner - some will reserve approx dates.
    Happy villa hunting
    Christine

I would personally book the villa of my choice first explaining to the owner that you may need flexibility a few days either way as you haven't yet booked your flights.

If you wait until nearer to your vacation to book your flights then you may find the villa you want is already booked

Whatever you decide I am sure you will find a wonderful villa for yout vacation [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

We have a guest book our villa and had not got flights and changed her date by one day this is for next June so it was ok for her but she got the villa she wanted the flight came second .Thats the most important thing for them.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

We always book the villa first and then plan flights, car hire, park tickets etc round that.

Wendy

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    I don't mind giving the guest the dates, if I can possibly give them, that they want - all I need is an approximate date , and as long as they get back within a few days - that's OK I think most owners come and go with their guests. I would try and book the Villa, then confirm the flights and then get back and confirm the villa dates. We owners are really accommodating in more ways!!
    Jean

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would agree if you are able to book the flights very soon after booking the villa but if you are waiting for a sale in, say Feb., then it may be harder to change the dates. Obviously most of us only have 1 villa and 1 calendar to fill so, if for example , you book the dates you want, then the villa owner will work to fill the dates as closely as possible to those dates in order to ensure they don't have too many wasted gaps. Oviously over the year 15 x3 night gaps would be 45 nights or 6 1/2 weeks possible revenue lost. nce they have booked either side it would be difficult to move.
    That said we do recommend to guests that the choice of villa is probably more important to the overall enjoyment of their holiday than saving a few dollars on their flight. After all they are only on the flight for a few hours either end of their stay and can usually put up with a lower standard for that time if it doesn't pan out as they expect. The accommodation can make or break it though, so I'd say try and choose what you want and book it. Ask to be kept informed of any bookings that might impact your choice of flight dates if possible, but then try and book the flights as soon as they reach a price you are comfortable with.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    what if you book a villa, have to change dates and the villa is booked by someone else? do villa owners give a refund of deposit in that situation? there are hundreds of thousands of reputable villa owners out there, the choice is endless, its a renters dream. flights sometimes are not so flexable and you have to go with the best price. most villas have 3 price brackets low med and high season. so by moving a week here or there with the villa there might not be a price difference, different with flights. we have been out there 10 times now and have always had beautiful villas and every time we go out there seems to be more and more villas, its a wonder they all get rented! we don't look for a villa till flights are booked, that way when you see what you want you can book it. the hard part is NOT looking before booking flights!!!

Florida Newbie
    We try to do them both around the same time. And as early as possible so we have the best choice of dates.