Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo - Silver - Fuel policy

Florida Savvy

Alamo - Silver - Fuel policy

Roger,

I have booked a 7 seater from Alamo for just one day - using the Silver option. On trying to register with the Alamo's 'Save Time' system it is trying to charge me $80+ for fuel. I can't see any way of opting to return the tank full & there is no way we are going to use $80 fuel getting from the aorport to our villa and back the next day. (we only need the large car as there are five of us + 2 sets of golf clubs. We are changing cars & having an additional car later in the holiday)

Have you any suggestions?

If I don't register for Save Time will they charge me for the fuel at the airport or do I get the option to decline?
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

Florida Junior
    Hi Alan,

Would you not be better off going for the gold package if only for one day? Fuel is then included.

Sean

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    With alamo I have always had to pre pay the fuel - they do not seem to offer you th eoption of bringing it back full. As was previously mentioned, Gold may be the way too go here.
    Christine

Alan,

I always book a 7 seat SUV from Alamo on the silver option as I really like the Tahoe which we normally get. We are here in Florida at the moment and have one.

Yes, you have to pay for the tank of fuel. Is there any way you could hold onto the vehicle for a few days so that you can use up the fuel before taking it back empty and swapping for a car?
    Jim