Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to do on xmas day

Florida Newbie

what to do on xmas day

Hi
    I have read on many posts that the parks are mega busy on xmas day and best avoided.
    What other options are there?
    We would like to have a meal and we are thinking of going to ICE while we are there would it be an idea to go on xmas day and have a meal there?
    Do cabs run on xmas day and do they charge a lot more for fares as they do in the uk?

thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    For us, when we went a couple of years ago, we spent Christmas Eve until late at Epcot and spent christmas day in the villa and cooked our turkey at home. The kids wanted to chill out after a busy christmas eve and play with their christmas gifts. We have been to ICE but not on christmas day and loved it. Whatever you decide as there are so many choices, you will have a wonderful time.[msnsmile]
    Jan&Steve

We are going to downtown disney on Christmas Day, have booked two tables at T-Rex Restaurant and then onto celebration early evening to catch the snowfall. Wanted to eat at the villa but we arrive Christmas Eve and I was concerned in case we were unable to get the turkey etc. before the shops closed, so will just cook steak and eggs breakfast in the villa after the little ones have opened their presents. Parks are just too hectic. When do you arrive, Alisa?
    Jan

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the replies! I am actually planning way way ahead we are not visiting until xmas next year [laugh] Once we decided that we were going to go for it I haven't stopped looking at all the forums! There is so much to take in that I want to make sure I get it right. Should have my itinery done by this xmas![laugh] I like your idea of downtown disney for a meal and then onto celebration Jan.

We are looking forward to it, only six weeks away now. Did consider ICE on Christmas Day after our meal at Downtown Disney but decided to go a few days later and keep Christmas Day relaxed and not overdo. Swimming in our pool on Christmas Morning sounds great to me and looking forward to it.
    Anyone else on the Forum in Orlando at Christmas?
    Jan

Have been before at Xmas. We ordered Christmas Dinner from PUblix Deli and collected Xmas Eve [ they shut early] it all came in carton with instructions- mashed potatoes gravy, turkey crown stuffing etc- good.
    Xmas Day can lack atmosphere and some restaurants do not open- I would recommend doing it at home- you will enjoy it more. I think once we went to the pictures in the evening, but could have been day after. My Son was a young toddler so it was a different holiday.

Super Moderator
    Raher than go to the parks we watched the Magic play on Christmas afternoon and this year they have a home game against Boston Celtics. First time we did it we bought tickets on the door.

Florida Chatterbox
    We will be out there this year for the first time[msnsmile2]. Our daughter is getting married on the 22nd Dec (we fly out on the 19th) We have been wondering what to do for Christmas Day as had heard thst the parks get really busy. Buying in Xmas dinner from Publix sounds like a good idea, I suppose this has to be ordered beforehand? Also like the idea of Downtown Disney.
    Margaret

Had I been able to order the dinner from Publix, from here, that would have been my choice as we arrive in time to collect. Unfortunately I could find no way of ordering online [msncry] and so booked a table at T-Rex[msnsmile]
    Jan

Publix do home delivery in some areas?
    Yes you order at the Deli- you can do so by phone I think- you just order dinner for x number of people. I bought vegetables separately, and a cranberry Sauce- the Mash was not instant, it was all fresh and a really good dinner- and I am fussy.
    THink Publix shut about 6pm ish on Xmas Eve though -check their web site.