Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downtown Orlando

Florida Newbie

Downtown Orlando

Hi All

When we come back in Feb I'm going to factor in a visit to this place..

Rock & Roll Heaven
    1814 North Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32804-6415, United States

It's a fantastic Record Shop (I went to one last time but not as good/big as this!).

My question is, can I get there on Public Transport? We are staying at Lake Buena Vista Reort & Spa. Last time I went into Downtown Orlando (from International Drive) it was a 40 dollar cab fare...which blew a good chunk of my Record Budget!

Anyone help/ideas etc???

Cheers!
    Phil

Florida Expert
    Years ago we used Lynx buses to go into downtown Orlando from I drive, have you tried looking up there routes.

Florida Junior
    the lynk buses stil run are your best bet
    del

Florida Junior
    Phil, I have a friend from Berkshire that also raves about this shop. It is a must stop everytime he is in Florida. He advocates the rental of a car. Very highly. It's extremely easy to reach by car on the I 4 and it is in a nice section of Orlando. Right across the street from the shop is a very nice cafe called "White Wolf Cafe" which is a good luncheon choice and within easy walking distance just down the street are two good Italian restaurants, Gargi's and Wilfredo's. From Rock and Roll Heaven, you can drive north a few blocks and take a left on Princeton Street and that will take you over to the College Park community which has a few streets of great shops and restaurants. All very local but very friendly to Brits.

Florida Newbie
    Man, this sounds amazing, thanks gang!!

There are so few places that you can get to easily by public transport. It is better than it used to be, but still not like the UK I am afraid. You really should seriously think about renting a car - your holiday will be very limited without one.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    which town are you from Phil

Hartlepool by any chance?
    Orlandobabe

Florida Newbie
    Aye, British West Hartlepool!

Gold 5 Star Member
    snap-I figured you had to be with a name like that-lol!

I once went through customs and immigration when visiting Orlando-and you know how you get asked the usual questions-finally the stern looking official-they usually are-closed my passport, handed it back to me and to my utter surprise said 'Monkey Hanger!'
    Orlandobabe

Florida Newbie
    Ha! A guy came up to me on International Drive last year, pointing at my Pools football shirt.

"Hey, Hartlepool! You are the guys that the Jeff Stelling dude shouts for??!!"

Unreal!