Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Change car

Florida Junior

Change car

I'm going to Orlando soon, and am planning to book a 7 seat SUV. I prefer the SUV but while not definite, there is a chance that I might need an 8 seater for the last week or so of my stay.

I realise this might not even be possible as the 8 seaters are quite popular so therefore may not even be available but would I be able to switch cars (if available) for just whatever the difference in cost is or will I get heavily penalised for doing so?

Florida Chatterbox
    When we were there in the summer I booked a 7 seater with Alamo. What we got was a Chevy Tahoe which is an 8 seater. The Tahoe seems to be the standard large SUV with Alamo and as you can choose your car there is a good chance you will be able to get one.

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrissb
    When we were there in the summer I booked a 7 seater with Alamo. What we got was a Chevy Tahoe which is an 8 seater. The Tahoe seems to be the standard large SUV with Alamo and as you can choose your car there is a good chance you will be able to get one.
    [/quote]
    I had a Tahoe when I was there last year but as there were only 6 of us I didn't realise it was an 8 seater! So the 3rd row has 3 seats? It's probably quite snug if it is but as long as there are 3 seats back there that's good enough for me.

Thanks! [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    Just book them as two different booking before you go to Florida because if you make the changes when you are there you will pay for it locally and it is a LOT, and I mean a LOT!! more expensive than doing it before you go.

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by normajohnp
    Just book them as two different booking before you go to Florida because if you make the changes when you are there you will pay for it locally and it is a LOT, and I mean a LOT!! more expensive than doing it before you go.
    [/quote]
    Thanks that's what I was considering doing but was trying to avoid it as I'm not sure if I'll even need 8 seats.

But as the Tahoe is an 8 seater it seems like problem solved anyway [msnsmile]