Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Andy and co's vacation part 4

Florida Junior

Andy and co's vacation part 4

sorry for the delay, been having so much fun with no spare time.

Thursday, Up early and made our way to universal studios, had a fantastic day with most of the queues about 5 to 10 minutes. loved the simpsons, jaws, shrek and the mummy rides.

We left the park at 5 as they had tp prepare for the horror haloween nights which half of us had tickets for. We decided to eat somewhere close so went to the nascar grille. all of us had a nice meal. Then the older and younger one when to magic kingdom to do the not so scary haloween night whilst we headed back into universal.

What a night, very scary. we managed to do 5 of the 8 houses and all of the scary zones but the children started to flag around midnight so we headed home. we had bought frequent fear passes so plan to come back for the remaining 3 houses. I can't believe how many actors they employ to be in the houses, they were around every corner ready to jump out on you. Some were more scary than the others but all were good. our favorite on the night was psychoscareary, where you walk round a disused asylam (i thinks thats right) that is inhabited by the souls of the criminally insane. Very jumpy indeed.

When we arrived home the others came back at the same time. they were loaded up with 4 bags of sweets and they had a great night to, lots of fireworks, great parade and plenty to do.

Both the parks weren't cheap but would we pay again, you bet we would.

Friday

This was a rest day as we had all been up late the night before, so we all slept in, when we did rise the children decided to head to the communal pool. we dropped them off and relaxed back at the villa.

We talked all day about dinner and mannys was mentioned so mannys it was. I called about 5 and they said to get there for 6.30.

My first time to the legend which is mannys. what a place it was heaving at 6.15 went we got they so sat outside with a cool beer and a blipper type thing to call us in. We were called in after half and hour and all 11 seated together. Now mannys has a great atmosphere but it is really noisy and is done out like a roadhouse type joint.

We all ordered and then the endless salad bowl came which was wonderful, as to the hot yeast rolls with cinnimon butter, yum yum.
    Main meals came and were nice too, but i expect something more, can't quite place it but perhaps I had hyped myself up to much. Still it was more than reasonable in the price department, especially the beer, two, two pint glasses for 6 dollars.

I can guarantee my dad will be trying to make a mannys endless salad back home on our next family BBQ. but it won't be the same.

The weather has still been fantastic, hot days with no rain and just a little cloud now and then.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I could make a meal of the endless salad and the rolls with cinnamon butter alone!

They do sell the salad dressing and I bought a bottle to bring back home to the UK, but then hubby didn't think the glass bottle would be safe in my case and could end up everywhere. It probably wouldn't have tasted the same anyway!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would love to go to the Halloween nights, thanks for the trip report
    Jan&Steve

loved it Andy... the scary houses would make me have a heart attack.. your so brave!! wish i could be like that but i do scare easily.... (dont like father christmas... anyone dressed up scares me...lol such a woose!!
    have fun x
    Liesa