Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyn's Trip

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester

Lyn's Trip

Saturday 24th October left home at 1pm to drive to Gatwick for Twighlight check in, the drive took about 3 hours. The airport was very busy and we queued at the check in desk, which is unusual for Twighlight check in. We had chosen our seats online but had been moved back 10 rows. After dropping of the cases we went round to Travelex to sort out our saga with Travelers cheques. The lady on the desk was very nice and issued the right cheques without any hassle. The moral of this story is deal with a person face to face. We then drove to our hotel in Crawley and settled down to watch Strictly and then Merlin, We were then going to go to bed but we were both to excited to sleep so watched a film and turned in about 11pm.

Sunday up at 7am went down for a nice English breakfast (no more decent bacon for a while) At 8.30 got the hotel bus to Gatwick. Went through security fairly quickly with no problems. The gate opened at 10am and as we went through she changed the seat numbers on our boarding card, another 15 rows back, we asked why and she said the plane was full of children and the families had to be seated together. If travelling in a group would you not sort your seats out in advance? We were all on the plane by 11am. Good I thought the plane is all set to take off on time (11.15am) wrong, the pilot was waiting for a piece of paper from Manchester to tell him everything was OK to go and the computer was down. I forgot to check my watch but we eventually took of about 12.15pm. We arrived at Orlando at about 4pm and queued through immigration (being right at the back of the plane we were right at the back of the queue. They have put in a queuing system since our last visit which seems to work much better. After collecting our luggage and then our car we drove to the villa, unloaded our cases then went to Wal Mart for enough supplies for tonight and breakfast tomorrow. Back at the villa we had something to eat then unpacked, chilled out with a glass (or 2) of wine before going to bed at 9.30pm couldn't stay awake any longer.

Monday I was up at 6am can never sleep late the first couple of mornings, I am sitting here with my cup of tea, Bill refuses to get up yet, writing this and waiting for it to get light enough to go and sit by the pool. The plan for today is to do more shopping and just chill, I am so happy just to be here, it always feels just right, like coming home. The sky is just getting lighter so will go and make another cup of tea nad take my book and sit outside.
    Lyn

Good start Lyn, what this new queuing system?
    Jan

Florida Savvy
    This is so great to read, as its just what we do- or will be doing in a couple of weeks!! Cant wait for part 2!

Look forward to reading the rest of your trip Lyn, it will get me in the mood fro my own trip in four weeks......can't wait.
    I have been watching the weather as my sister is there at the moment, looks like you will be getting some rays!!!![msncool]

Liz

oh how nice o have your report as you are there Lyn... good start... keep it coming....
    Liesa

Look forward to more and hope you enjoy this visit makes us want to go now more as we miss our villa .
    Hope the weather is good for you .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
    Good start Lyn, what this new queuing system?
    [/quote]

Haven'#t seen it in operation yet but have heard the on arrival at Immigration everbody queues in a single line and gets called forward to next available officer. If, like me you invariably pick the queue that looks shortest but ends up taking longer might save a bit of time.
    Babblin Boo

Thanks for posting Lyn,...... keeps us going til we get there. Up to date info, is always useful.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    great report, counting down the days until we go next in July 2011
    Jan&Steve

Thanks Lyn this will keep me going until we leave in 5 weeks time sounds exactly like our trips. Can't wait for more[msnsmile]