Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pondarosa is PANTS

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by anorak View Post
    I totally agree, used to be excellent, at least the one by Old Town, but now its terrible. Waste of dining time, better to go anywhere else.
    They used to be good in the early 1990's, we went regularly for a good breakfast before hitting bthe parks, but since about 1997, the quality has fallen. We last went in 2008, just to see if they had improved,but the food was still rubbish! Never again.
    Scorpio

such a shame, when we first went to florida we couldnt believe places like ponderosa or golden coral exsisted... we used to fill up then out for the day... decent prices for 2002, but we hated golden coral last trip would rather pay a bit more and eat in a better environment and food a little better
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    We hated Golden Corral on last trip - first and only time we tried. Manically busy, seemed to be hundreds of toddlers running around, couldn't get to the buffet, slow for service of coffee[V]

When we passed the Ponderosa near Sherberth Road last night it looked closed, don't know if it was for a refit or permanent though. Really suprised about this as it was always busy.
    Jill and Brian

Maybe we're not as fussy as the rest of you!! We used Ponderosa, Sweet Tomatoes and Golden Corral on our last trip. Each place was somewhere on the 192. Service in all 3 was very good and all were clean and tidy. The choice of food in each place was very good too.

In mid November when we used the Ponderosa near Marker 10 on 192 it was fine. You do have to pick your times carefully though if you want to use these places. We ate there at about 5pm. There was a great choice of everything and the whole place was clean and tidy. Fairly empty too. I love their chicken wings and salad, although you don't get as much salad choice as you obviously do at Sweet Tomatoes. The Manager came over and thanked us for using his Ponderosa, which was a lovely touch.

We also used Sweet Tomatoes near Marker 2 (I think) and were there at about 7.30pm. The rush had gone and everything was fine. Their choice of salad and soups is great. You can easily try something that you might not ever think of ordering in another type of restaurant.

Golden Corral (near Marker 4) was another that we went to at around 9pm. Fairly busy but no mess and no sign of kids running around. Again, a very good selection of food.

In all 3 places the cost for 2 adults including unlimited soft drinks and coffee was under $30.

We use these restaurants when we want a no-complications type of meal, and want it quickly. My kids loved these places when they were younger because they could serve themselves and have a little of whatever they fancied rather than having to choose from an often quite limited menu in many of the other restaurants.

Would I order a steak in one of these? No, I'd save that for Charlies or Longhorn, but for what they offer they are good value. You can feed everybody at modest cost and also ensure that your kids and you get a balanced diet with fresh food.
    Carla

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    we use to go to the one on ID when the kids where little ,
    but haven't been for year , did hear it had gone down hill
    Gail

Florida Savvy
    We went to the one on I drive on our first visit 12 years ago and never went back until this year as we had extended family with us who wanted to try it!!! A tale of two families with different taste!!! Lol!!! They absolutely loved it!!! We absolutely hated it yet again!! Won't be back!! This year it was the one on the 192 equally as bad ! Yuk! Yuk! Yuk!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Ponderosa our one and only visit somewhere on the 192 about 7 years ago . When we were waiting in the queue to pay a customer was complaining the cutlery was dirty That was it for me turned and left and never been back. Therefore I cannot comment on the food. Maybe I should try again!!

Golden Corral on the 192 across from Celebration . One of my Husbands favourite places for breakfast . We have eaten here sometimes for dinner if we are on our own. Usually around 6-00pm. We found it quiet, clean with a good choice of food.

Like Carla when our children were younger we used to eat at the Golden Corral frequently for the very reasons Carla mentioned. A good way of finding food we all liked in including plenty of vegetables for the children.

Sweet Tomatoes my favourite place to dine of the cheaper buffet style restaurants The new one on the 192 is considerably smaller than others we have visited . We found the food excellent, the service and the cleanliness very good and all for $22.00 in total.

If we want steak Longhorns or Manny's for us. If its fish then it would be Red Lobster or Fishbone Grill. Now if we are pushing the boat out it would be Texas de Brazil and Villa de Flora
    For a very special occasion it has to be Seasons 52
    Last edited by luckylady; 05-12-2011 at 21:19.
    Barbara