Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pondarosa is PANTS

Pondarosa is PANTS

The kids wanted to go to the Pondarosa on Int' Drive as the last couple of years that we have visited has been pretty good for choice. This time the place was empty, and no wonder. Never the best but you always had a good choice, not any more, there was I think half a dozen to choose from before the main dish and even less for desert.
    Only plus is the price was the same as 2 years ago, but for me, we will not be back !

I don't know what time you visited, but you often find if you visit outside the busier times, the selection can be limited. This seems to apply in a lot of the 'family' restaurants. I have often found the service to be slow too, when you would have thought being quiet, you would get more attention.
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    We ried Ponderosa once, never again.
    KJH

Florida Savvy
    Shame about Ponderosa, but totally agree, dont know what has happened with them. Yes its reasonable but the quality of the food leaves a lot to be desired - we will not be going back either.... and I swear the place had fleas....
    VIOLET BARROW

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Us too. I'd rather pay a decent price and get decent food. Even the coffee was seriously watered down when we went - yuck!
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH
    We ried Ponderosa once, never again.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    I totally agree, used to be excellent, at least the one by Old Town, but now its terrible. Waste of dining time, better to go anywhere else.

Florida Expert
    The one by Old Town used to be great and the kids loved breakfast there. We tried a different one on I Drive but it was dreadful so we just stuck with 'our' one and only ever for breakfast as we had tried one meal there but [sick]So Taking it that even this one is now a no no

There are few restaurants/cafes that I have visited, paid the bucks, and not eaten any of the food. Angel's Buffet is one and Ponderosa is the other. I couldn't really ask for my money back as they were both pre-pay and technically there was no reason to have my cash returned. Won't go in either one again. That is one of the many great things about Kissimmee. There are so many places to choose from that you never have to repeat a poor experience.

PS. I love Sweet Tomatoes
    Angela

Florida Chatterbox
    My worst ever meal in the US was in a Pondersoa on I-Drive some years ago. Never again. Very cheap and you soon know why.

Florida Chatterbox
    First meal out on our first trip was Ponderosa (I192). Thought it was strange to be choosing from a load of wall photographs of meat but we went with it. I ordered extra mushrooms and onions and knew we had chosen the wrong venue for our first taste of American steaks when they came out in a polystyrene cup!!

Also, the buffet contained full main course items which i thought was strange. Why order a steak as a main item then find meatballs, spaghetti bolognese and chicken chasseur on the buffet?!

Just a strange place and never again.

Yes it was cheap and yes it was awful
    Garry Pullan